Internship as control systems engineer
Gradel develops turn-key special purpose machines (mechanical automated equipment) dedicated to nuclear, space and general industry for more than 50 years. GRADEL supports its customers all over the projects: from the definition of the specification up to the installation and operation of the equipment. This activity is in strong development.
GRADEL hosts permanently 2 to 3 trainees in its engineering office. Currently, we have an opening for an internship in control system. This is a great trainee opportunity since you will participate to modelling, identification, development of control system and testing of highly precise electro-mechanical system. We are looking for a student in control systems with following profile requirement:
- Master’s or bachelor’s internship
- Good knowledge in control systems
- Good knowledge in electrotechnics and automation
- Proficiency with MATLAB, Simulink
- Knowledge in automation programming
- Ability to understand physical law
- Ability to model and simulate a system
- Practical approach, problem solving
- Organised, methodical and ability to report synthetically
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to work independently while keeping a good team player
- Language skills: fluent in English/French or English/German (written and oral). A third language (French or German) is considered as an asset
- Modelling and simulation of subsystems of multi-physics system’s behaviour
- Running system identification tests, signal/data acquisition and commissioning
- Development of control of sub-systems (which will be part of a global control system)
- Realization of technical documentation
- Implementing of linear and robust control
Qualification not mandatory but great to have:
- Hardware design (Embedded C, VHDL are not mandatory but a great asset for the role)
- Solid knowledge / experience of Hardware-in-Loop and Software-in-Loop
- Experience in real-time simulation
We offer a position in an innovative and creative environment with strong relationships with other departments of the company (sales, engineering, purchasing, assembly). The trainee will be integrated in the engineering team of one of our current projects, under the supervision of a senior control systems engineer.
The position is based in Ellange, Luxembourg.
If you are interested in taking this challenging opportunity and wish to take part actively to our future development, please send your application (cover letter + CV).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The information you provide will be treated confidentially and will only be disclosed to employees involved in the recruitment process. The selected candidate will be requested to provide a criminal record.
#Control systems #Control systems engineering #Matlab #Simulink #Automation #Ingénieur contrôle système #Contrôle système #automatisme