Working place: Hybrid, Company office, client offices, homeworking, satellite offices
Contract type: CDD - 12 months with possibility of extension.
Location: Luxembourg Hamm / Client offices / Remote
Ready to start your next challenge?
Grant Thornton Luxembourg is currently seeking an investigation Specialist Consultant – European Institutions Desk (m/f) to start ASAP.
Working at Grant Thornton Luxembourg is an efficient opportunity to develop your potential within human-sized team in the heart of a multicultural and international growing group while respecting your work / life balance.
For us, you are a strength, your experience is a real added-value and places you as a key element in the realisation of our EU Desk department ambitions.
The Case Intake Consultant will process and analyse allegations / reports of prohibited practices and other misconduct, send for full investigation only the credible cases, and close the spurious cases and those without merit.
Under the supervision of the Head of the Case Intake and Analysis Unit, the scope of activities will encompass:
· Undertaking desk reviews and researching relevant facts.
· Contacting complainants and persons, in order to obtain all relevant information relating to an allegation, in order to make a full and detailed assessment.
· Determining according to the intake procedure (including specified criteria), which issues should be fully investigated, which should be closed at the assessment stage, and which should be referred to another service or authority
· Fully documenting the receipt of allegations and recording case decisions to provide an audit trail and/or contributing to further, intelligence-based analysis.
· Proposing to the Head of the Investigation Division in the form of a well-written case assessment note, based on detailed analysis, a motivated and substantiated opinion on whether an investigation should be opened.
· When required, under the guidance of the Head of Unit, prepare briefings for senior management on topics of interest.
· More generally, contributing to raising appropriate awareness in the organisation of possible cases of fraud etc.
· University degree in investigations, law, finance, forensic audit, or other relevant field of study; In the absence of a university degree in the relevant field, demonstrated equivalent professional experience of at least 5 years can be accepted
· At least 2 years relevant professional experience within the fields of investigation, prosecution or forensic audit.
· Experience in conducting a wide range of investigations into alleged fraud, corruption or other similar prohibited activities;
· Knowledge of investigation methodology and experience as an investigator (in an international environment) is essential.
· Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills are required
· Experience in report writing and /or draft briefings for senior management
Preferred qualifications and experience
· A high level of interpersonal skills is required, to enable the Consultant to engage effectively with complainants and stakeholders
· A high level of written and oral communication skills is required.
· Fluent use of English, both oral and in writing is essential. Good knowledge of French and/or other EU languages would be an advantage.
· (iv) Demonstrated experience in case intake and assessment for criminal and/or administrative investigations would give the candidate a strong advantage.
· Demonstrated experience in open-source research. Formal training in open-source research techniques would be an advantage.
· Experience in database research.
· Formal training in analysis methodology and software would be an advantage
· Knowledge of specialised analytical and forensic software would be an advantage.
3, 2, 1… Get ready to go beyond and apply!
Please send your resume with the reference Junior/Senior Consultant – EU Desk (m/f) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· HR interview with our Talent team;
· Technical interview with Manager(s) or Partner(s) of the team.
Grant Thornton Information
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organisation of more than 68,000 people serving clients in more than 147 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Here in Luxembourg, 330 professional staff and 24 partners are offering high-quality assurance, tax and advisory services to clients that range from private individuals to corporations, banks and public institutions.
5 reasons to join us
1. Work life balance (additional holidays, flexibility, satellite offices, parking possibility);
2. Interesting Benefits (annual discretionary bonus, trainings/certifications, lunch voucher, pension plan, talent referral reward program, internal mobility program);
3. Proximity management in agreement with our CLEARR values;
4. Integration follow-up to ensure yours & career development opportunity (on-demand feedback, mid-year and annual performance review);
5. Company life (events, afterworks, teambuilding, sport events) & engagements (Corporate Social Responsibility, Human Rights, Diversity & Inclusion);
6. You are the one that we are looking for!
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
All personal data that will be collected from candidates as part of the recruitment process, will be processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), (Enforcement date: 25 May 2018). This among others means that they will only be processed based on one of the possible legal basis (as per Art. 6 of the GDPR), be it with the candidates’ consent or on the basis of an employment contract. This also means that personal data will not be retained for more than required by the GDPR or by applicable Luxembourg laws i.e. beyond completion of the recruitment process.
For more information, we encourage you to read our Privacy Notice at www.grantthornton.lu. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.