ING Luxembourg is looking for a:
‘Data Governance Expert Team Lead’ (m/f/x)
In order to enforce our Data Office, ING Luxembourg is looking for a full time Data Governance Expert Team Lead on an permanent contract.
Your mission is to assist the CDO to ensure the data of the bank is under governance & to ensure the data protection measures meet the regulatory standards.
The following activities are expected to be covered:
- Be in charge for governance, data quality & data protection issues;
- Work closely with Business area leads to improve the quality of data within the different assets of the bank;
- Respond to regulatory requirements in the domain of data governance & protection;
- Support the strategic requirements for the data domain within a financial institution;
- Support colleagues in designing and implementing solutions that ensure the protection of personal data;
- Provide recommendations for assessing the impact on personal data protection when implementing new products, projects, infrastructure changes (DPIA);
- Raise employee’s awareness of the obligations arising from the GDPR and other regulations.
Competencies & Soft skills:
- Strong interest in data governance & data protection matters;
- Fluent in English and French;
- Organization, structure, method & rigor;
- Ability to stick to strict deadlines;
- Strong analysis and synthesis capacity;
- Listen to business needs & pragmatism;
- Team spirit;
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills (verbal and writing);
Subject Matter skills:
Being able to juggle between strategic & operational follow-up is key.
- Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for the banks’ capabilities;
- Roll out a data governance framework with a focus on the improvement of data quality, data documentation and the protection of sensitive data;
- Ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s data assets;
- Facilitate the development & implementation of the data quality standards;
- Identify new opportunities for the use of information/data assets to achieve higher efficiency within the company;
- Provide progress reports to senior management including data quality aspects & status reports;
- Act as gate keeper for data governance & data protection for all new & existing initiatives launched within ING Luxembourg;
- Lead and coordinate the yearly GDPP (global data protection policy) Key Control Testing exercise;
People Management skills:
- Manage & develop a team of 4 experts in the data governance & protection fields;
- Act is a role-model is essential;
- Be part of the Leadership of the Tribe (management team);
Proven & relevant experience in the data governance & protection domain preferably in a financial institution.
Master degree in Law or Business or Social science.
A good knowledge of both English & French is a must.
Your working environment
ING is one of the world’s leading financial groups. With more than 53,000 employees, ING provides banking, insurance and asset management services to more than 48 million clients in 40 countries.
In Luxembourg, our clients are private individuals, small companies and major corporations, as well as institutions. ING Luxembourg employs nearly 800 people and offers a vast range of financial services (banking, insurance, leasing and asset management).
ING Luxembourg heads for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 100 tech enthusiasts who work for national and international projects that go beyond traditional banking.