Data Governance Officer (m/f/x)
In order to enforce the Data Office, ING Luxembourg is looking for a full time Data Governance Officer on an permanent contract.
Your mission is to assist the CDO (Chief Data Officer) to ensure the data of the bank is under governance & to ensure the data protection measures meet the regulatory standards.
The following activities are expected to be covered:
- Provide help for governance, data quality & data protection issues;
- Work closely with Business area leads to improve the quality of data within the different assets of the bank;
- Respond to regulatory requirements in the domain of data governance & protection;
- Support the strategic requirements for the data domain within a financial institution;
- Support colleagues in designing and implementing solutions that ensure the protection of personal data;
- Provide recommendations for assessing the impact on personal data protection when implementing new products, projects, infrastructure changes (DPIA);
- Raise employee’s awareness of the obligations arising from the GDPR and other regulations.
Competencies & Soft skills:
- Strong interest in data governance & data protection matters;
- Fluent in English and French;
- Organization, structure, method & rigor;
- Ability to stick to strict deadlines;
- Strong analysis and synthesis capacity;
- Listen to business needs & pragmatism;
- Team spirit;
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills (verbal and writing);
Subject Matter skills:
Being able to juggle between strategic & operational follow-up is key.
- Roll out the enterprise data governance implementation roadmap;
- Roll out a data governance framework with a focus on the improvement of data documentation and the protection of sensitive data;
- Ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s data assets;
- Facilitate the development & implementation of the data quality standards;
- Provide progress reports to the CDO including data quality aspects & status reports;
- Help around data governance & data protection for all new & existing initiatives launched within ING Luxembourg;
- Help on the yearly GDPP (global data protection policy) Key Control Testing exercise;
Proven & relevant experience in the data governance & protection domain preferably in a financial institution.
Master degree in Law or Business or Social science.
A good knowledge of both English & French is a must.
Your working environment:
With over 1000 employees in the Grand Duchy and thanks to the combination of our local presence and the strength of a robust multinational like ING, we offer our personal and business customers a wide range of solutions through the channel of their choice.
ING is a global bank with a strong European base. 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Operating in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 1960 as a universal and accessible bank, our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages for retail and private banking customers, whom we sever serve online and through our network of branches. For our Wholesale Banking clients, we provide lending, sustainable finance, payment & cash management and fund services.