Depositary Bank Control & Oversight Officer (m/f)
ING Luxembourg has a longstanding experience in the funds industry in Luxembourg and is strategically developing its depositary banking services, within an independent and open-architecture model that is in line with UCITS V and AIFMD regulations.
The activity is mainly embedded in ING’s Securities Department and our current double digit increase of business requires us to increase the allocation of staff into transactions and associated controls.
The Depositary Bank Control & oversight Officer’s mission is to fulfil of all depositary bank duties as stipulated in Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) and the Undertaking for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities directive (UCITS V). You will provide investor protection through overseeing third parties, by performing initial and ongoing due diligences, and conducting oversight controls. You will contribute to the decision process to accept new business and new clients, and be required to propose a risk approach for the activities handled within the team to improve services standards.
You will be in charge to support the oversight model implemented by ING Luxembourg SA. by conducting ongoing oversight on service providers of the funds including completion of periodic controls, process reviews and on site-visit. You will work with internal and external parties to solve queries, escalate issues and provide reporting to the management.
You will be accountable to:
- Manage and perform day to day depositary bank oversight controls (cash flow monitoring, safekeeping, investment restrictions and segregation);
- Assess the complexity of the fund strategies and determine how to apply oversight controls appropriately to each fund;
- Review documentations (i.e. Financial Statements, prospectus,);
- Analyse a situation and obtain necessary information to reach sound conclusions in order to solve potential issues;
- Edit regular reporting to the Board Members;
- Contribute actively to review the control framework and maintain procedure up-to –date.
Your Career Path
You demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of most common Luxembourg AIF-UCITS funds,
your motivation is to invest yourself in high value expertise and to accomplish a broad and diversified
career, combining technical craftsmanship and client oriented relationship in a continuously
You want to:
- Build on your experience in Oversight Depositary bank activity
- Develop your analytical skills
- Operate new business brought by the Wholesale department within its key strategy growth drivers
- Be in contact with counterparties, fund managers around the world and colleagues over the Bank
- Master degree in Economics or Finance
- Minimum 3/5 years experienced in the Securities and Alternative Investment Funds domain
- Eager to learn, highly motivated, team player, customer & quality focused
- Recognized for your analytical, organization, flexibility and communication skills
- Able to work efficiently in French and in English, spoken and written. German and/or any additional language would be an advantage.
Your working environment
With over 1000 employees in the Grand Duchy and thanks to the combination of our local presence and the strength of a robust multinational like ING, we offer our personal and business customers a wide range of solutions through the channel of their choice.
ING is a global bank with a strong European base. 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Operating in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 1960 as a universal and accessible bank, our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages for retail and private banking customers, whom we sever serve online and through our network of branches.