Head of Compliance (m/f)
Publiée le 29/03/2023
ING Luxembourg is looking for a Head of Compliance (m/f), who leads a team or collection of different teams which have the same or related purpose to ensure the organisation remains compliant with all relevant legislation and regulations. Leads interpretation of rules and regulations and the translation of those to the company level, oversees guidance to the organization on compliance issues, and builds and maintains relationships with authorities. The Head of Compliance will execute the local strategy in a close collaboration with the functional teams.
Head of Compliance (m/f)
The Head of Compliance in Luxembourg will be leading the compliance department with all its current teams included with clear objective in Financial Crime, Quality Assurance, Integrated Compliance and Conduct Compliance and Culture. He/She will report hierarchically to the CRO Luxembourg and work closely with the functional teams of ING.
- Lead the development of methodologies and procedures that allow for effective and appropriate control of financial and non-financial risks and challenge risk management execution in the first line of defense in a large area, such as a country or a complex product category. Challenge and investigate the application of risk management frameworks and intervene (escalate/veto) if necessary
- Lead the development and implementation of strategy for a significant area of responsibility, anticipating complex issues, challenges, and opportunities, and ensuring integration with wider corporate strategy. Take responsibility for developing and delivering change management plans and achieving outcomes that support the organization's overall strategy
- Provide regulatory specialist advice to the leadership team of the local organization to guide the implementation of group policies on the one hand and local law and regulations on the other hand.
- Act as an inspiring leader to the local Compliance teams: Identify the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs of a significant business area. Evaluate current capabilities, identify gaps, and prioritize development activities. Motivate others to develop their capabilities and fulfill their personal potential. Build capabilities elsewhere in the organization through mentoring and other informal methods.
- Be a role model in values and inspire a positive, mature risk culture
- Lead teams of managers and advisors with a clear objective in keeping the bank safe and contributing to the overall risk appetite of the organization
- Apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals from a Compliance perspective.
Manage and report on the performance of the function / business area; set appropriate performance objectives for direct reports and hold them accountable for achieving these; take appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of annual business objective
Who we are looking for?
- 10+ years of experience in financial banking industry in Compliance department as manager, head or senior expert
- Provable experience in leading managers and proven technical skills
- Good communication skills and stakeholder management
- Strong judgment, ability to make well balanced decisions, argue and explain them in a compelling manner and enforce / implement them
- Good knowledge of the Luxembourgish market
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Is at ease in stakeholder management inside and outside the organization, including communication with authorities
- Advanced French/English language skills
Your working environment
With over 950 employees in the Grand Duchy and thanks to the combination of our local presence and the strength of a robust multinational like ING, we offer our personal and business customers a wide range of solutions through the channel of their choice.
ING is a global bank with a strong European base. 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Operating in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 1960 as a universal and accessible bank, our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages for retail and private banking customers, whom we sever serve online and through our network of branches. For our Wholesale Banking clients, we provide lending, sustainable finance, payment & cash management and fund services.