IT Manager Payments (m/f)
Publiée le 29/03/2023
IT Manager Payments (m/f)
The Tech Department is looking for a full time Payments IT Chapter Lead (equivalent to IT Manager in an Agile organization) (m/f) on an undetermined period of contract.
As Chapter Lead, your main mission consists of:
- For around 50% of your time, you are ensuring activities of a Development Engineer in the Payments area, which includes contribution to the evolution of IT assets such as the Payments Engine, the Payments Order Manager, the interface towards SWIFT systems, Payments API’s towards Client Channels and Payments reporting capabilities. As an Engineer, you will be allocated in some squads / tribes impacting this area.
- Remaining 50% of your time are allocated to the management role itself. At first, you are the one who handle personal development, coaching, training & assessment of around approximately 15 members of your chapter. You gather feedback from the tribes where your people are allocated and you share it with them. You ensure they directly contribute to the objective of having high performing teams.
- With the contribution of your chapter, you ensure sustainability, compliancy, knowledge sharing, related tooling efficiency and long term vision definition of your technical area. Expert in your domain, you spend time on building up expertise in your chapter and you are enthusiastic about transferring your knowledge to others.
- Inside the Delivery, you also take part to people allocation to the different squad regarding the impact of deliveries on the Tech areas you are in charge of. In general, if the IT delivery leads focuses on the “what” achieved by the tribes, you are vigilant about the “how” in the tribes where your people are allocated regarding your IT assets which are impacted.
- Using those three roles, you are taking part to the definition and execution of the Tech Strategy of ING Luxembourg via the Tech Management team; you are also an intermediary between your team and the senior management.
A Bac +3 or above degree and/or minimal 5 years of relevant experience in development engineering (Java technologies, Back and/or Front), banking sector or management
As Payments IT Chapter lead, you
- have experience successfully leading a Dev team
- love exploring new technologies and keeping your own technical skills sharp
- elevate the technical abilities of those around you, and have a track record of doing this with the teams you have led
- are an expert communicator up, down, and across reporting lines
- are an experienced technologist – solid understanding of agile and lean methodologies
- are someone who cares about his/her team, shows exemplary personal respect, and is willing to coach and develop trust
- are a partner with leaders across the business, especially Delivery, IT Operations and Human resources.
- have a scientific mind: you know how experiment, measure against your hypothesis and then move forward with the best possible solution
- are a passionate innovator and life-long learner eager to keep abreast of the fast-changing and dynamic technology industry
- have a strong knowledge of at least one development technology used in the Tribe (Java back-end and / or full stack, Spring framework, Lit-HTML,…).
- having knowledge in the Payments functional area is valuable
- have an inspiring people management style and leadership strong capabilities
- achieve optimum results by empowering teams and giving them responsibility, at the same time, challenging them and keeping them 'on the ball'.
- encourage people to achieve real personal development.
- actively seek help and feedback, but is also not afraid to give feedback.
- Very strong communication & presentation skills (telling – selling)
- To be able to influence, challenge and convince not only peers but also the stakeholders
- To be capable to take decisions at tactical and/or strategic level and therefore build a trusted relationship with senior management level
- To be a team player and have a valuable contribution to the collective goals both regarding the concrete deliverables and the teamwork on itself.
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English and French
Your working environment
With over 900 employees in the Grand Duchy and thanks to the combination of our local presence and the strength of a robust multinational like ING, we offer our personal and business customers a wide range of solutions through the channel of their choice.
ING is a global bank with a strong European base. 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Operating in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 1960 as a universal and accessible bank, our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages for retail and private banking customers, whom we sever serve online and through our network of branches. For our Wholesale Banking clients, we provide lending, sustainable finance, payment & cash management and fund services.