Oracle Database Administrator
Publiée le 31/05/2023
Oracle Database Administrator (m/f)
ING Luxembourg has implemented an Agile Way of Working to deal with Customer demand more quickly. This new way of working (organized in Squads, Tribes and Chapters) gives teams end to end responsibility & more autonomy in Tech delivery.
In order to enforce the Tribe Tech Building Blocks, we are looking for a full time Oracle Database Administrator to join the Squad Databases & Mainframe.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Within multi-skilled and autonomous squad you will:
- Be responsible to perform Oracle database installations and configuration, tuning, capacity planning, health checks, backups/recovery and change management
- Maintain the system administration of Oracle databases platforms
- Participate in troubleshooting issues with database instances and eliminates root causes through systematic policies.
- Be responsible for the operational maintenance and the deployment in acceptance and production of all assets in your scope
- Support and help to implement solutions within the Squad, ensure consistency and quality in process execution, handle day to day tasks, addressing topics such as automation, file transfer, alerting, job scheduling, dependency management
- Take an active part in the evolution of deployment procedures & standards for all kinds of components within the squad
- Improve the quality of deliveries by automating the deployments wherever possible
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good working knowledge of Oracle OEM/OUD
- Solid skills of UNIX Shell scripting
- Practical experience of Oracle Database Migration (Cross platforms would be an advantage)
- Experience with Administration of MSSQL Databases would be an advantage.
- Ability to realize performance analysis (for instance, performance investigation in Production or Development environments).
- Knowledge of – or willing to learn –Cassandra, Neo4j is a strong asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant
- 5 years related working experience
- Significant hands-on experience in set-up/maintenance of Oracle Database and Grid Infrastructure, but also in database backup & restore in replicated environment
- Ability to work in an Agile, collaborative mindset, team spirit environment
- Taking initiatives and responsibilities
- Easy communication, adapted to the interlocutors, clear and synthetic, customer/result oriented
- Capable of understanding business needs and their impact on IT services
- Flexibility, self-starting and capable to respond to shifting priorities
- Excellent skills on debugging
- Fluent in French and English
Your working environment
With over 1000 employees in the Grand Duchy and thanks to the combination of our local presence and the strength of a robust multinational like ING, we offer our personal and business customers a wide range of solutions through the channel of their choice.
ING is a global bank with a strong European base. 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Operating in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 1960 as a universal and accessible bank, our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages for retail and private banking customers, whom we sever serve online and through our network of branches. For our Wholesale Banking clients, we provide lending, sustainable finance, payment & cash management and fund services.