The TECH Department is
looking for full time professional for a Feature Engineer / Project Manager (m/f)
on an undetermined period of contract.
The purpose of the
job is to facilitate the tribes and squads in their IT delivery to generate
customer value based on weighted interests. Feature Engineers work cross-Squad
and cross-Tribe to help translating epics into coherent features &
stories in realizable roadmaps and
coordinating the deployment of integrated IT solutions.
As a Feature Engineer, your
main mission consists of :
- Together with Architects you support senior
management to make decisions on complex IT innovations or issues.
- For large programs and complex IT changes you
support in making an IT roadmap by functionally describing the situation
- You have lots of interaction with Tribe Leads,
IT (Area) leads, POs, architects, analysts and others (both proactively
and reactively, depending on the situation).
- You help prepare next quarter activities,
translate epics into features and attend where needed to facilitate
priority setting and alignment across Tribes and countries.
- Within complex IT landscapes & large
programs, you create insight, overview and structure to help guide the way
- For major and complex changes, you create
roadmaps (step-by-step plans), inputting the IT perspective. You work
closely with the Program Manager, who inputs from a business perspective
Within the ING
- When assisting Squads in realizing the
solution approach, you could attend their planning and refinement sessions
and stand-ups. You can also be appointed to any relevant meeting where
your knowledge is requested.
- You help Squads to deliver the Features : in
close collaboration with the Product Owner and other related stakeholders,
you describe, assess and structure functionalities derived from the
feature, and, in the end, check feature delivery completeness. If
possible, you provide also the Squad assistance in feature-related
needs : risk analysis, projects documentation, business expertise
- You develop your craftsmanship, attend demos,
undertake trainings, and share knowledge in your team.
- A Bac +3 or above degree and/or minimal 5 years of relevant experience in IT project management
- Very strong communication & presentation skills (telling – selling)
- Strong coordination capabilities with people
in different teams
- To be able to influence, challenge and convince not only peers but also
- To be capable to take decisions at tactical and/or strategic level and
therefore build a trusted relationship with senior management level
- To be a team player and have a valuable contribution to the
collective goals both regarding the concrete deliverables and the teamwork
- Understand what agility is and how to use it
in an efficient way
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English and French