The Budget and Congestion Income Officer will be responsible for handling all tasks and activities related to external Central Settlement, Budget Management and Congestion Income Distribution where JAO acts as a service provider.
The Budget and Congestion Income Officer will work closely with other departments to facilitate business needs, as well as represent the company towards external parties in the context of Central Settlement, Budget Management and Congestion Income services, and work alongside the European Transmission System Operators and other stakeholders to further shape the common European electricity market.
The Budget and Congestion Income Officer understands the company’s standard of conduct, assesses risks to objectives, and the related control activities at the respective level of the company, the expected information and communication flow, and monitoring activities relevant to the achievement of objectives.
The Budget and Congestion Income Officer ensures the first line of defence in day-to-day activities and is responsible for maintaining effective internal control day to day and for the performance in relation to all applicable company objectives.
The Budget and Congestion Income Officer is a member of the Budget and Congestion Income team and reports directly to the Budget and Congestion Income Manager, under the responsibility of the CFO.
This position requires the candidate to demonstrate a strong eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and a critical spirit in repetitive tasks, whilst understanding the consequences of his/her work. The position also requires the candidate to be a highly organized person, with good communication skills.
- Collect and review documentation related to Central Settlement, Budget Management and Congestion Income costs;
- Monitor expenditures, analyse against set budgets and provide explanations for deviations;
- Draft of cost and budget reports, as well as forecasts for Central Settlement, Budget Management and Congestion Income services;
- Support and attend where needed in regular conference calls and meetings with stakeholders of the European Market Coupling;
- Validation of daily incoming and outgoing Congestion Income financial transactions;
- Monitor changes and developments related to Central Settlement, Budget Management and Congestion Income services;
- Actively be involved and execute tasks related to the Central Settlement, Budget Management and Congestion Income Distribution services and related projects;
- Propose and draft appropriate internal controls, effective and efficient ways of working, policies and procedures;
- Research, suggest and implement improvements to internal processes where necessary;
- Active involvement and engagement with other departments, team leads and managers for cross departmental topics.
- Degree Education Level in Finance/Accounting/Economics (3 years after A-Level);
- Fluent in English with excellent written and spoken skills;
- Knowledge of the energy markets is an asset.
- 1 – 2 years’ of experience working in Finance would be an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office, most particularly in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Able to structure work logically and efficiently;
- Able to deliver work of a high standard with attention to detail;
- Able to execute tasks under strict deadlines;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Knowledge of SAP-FI/CO or any other ERP is an asset.
- Good interpersonal skills, inspire teamwork and trust;
- Ability to listen, empathy and excellent communication skills;
- Adopt exemplary behavior in line with company culture and values;
- Open-minded and proactive;
- Dynamic, flexible, and reliable.
⦁ 31 days holidays per year;
⦁ Up to 40% of home office for Luxemburgish residents, 25%max for non residents;
⦁ 150 Euros per month towards transportation (Bus/Train) or full reimbursement of parking tickets outside the office;
⦁ 50 Euros per month towards sport;
⦁ 18 Luncheon vouchers per month;
⦁ DKV private health insurance for you and your close family members (Optional);
⦁ Pension plan, including Life and Disability Benefits;
⦁ 1,000 Euros towards training per year.