Data Analyst & BI Specialist
The Data Analyst & BI Specialist ensures data organization, storage and analysis while always upholding agreed-upon security standards. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the development and use of data & BI systems, in order to deliver high quality solutions that span multiple technologies/platforms. Lastly, S/he will also be responsible for the:
- Perform business analysis to gather BI system requirements
- Perform data extractions, reports / Dashboards and KPI and ensure data archiving & backup.
- Perform multidimensional modelling: Star, Snow Flake etc. (Tabular Model with DAX language)
- Oversee data deployment to the data warehouse
- Manage ETL tools used for data integration and export.
- Design, Implement and maintain SQL - TL/SQL procedures.
- Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies.
- Define rules and procedures for data integration & sharing.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications.
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of enterprise data and BI environments.
- Process the project data: supervise the data input, control its quality, clean up and check for data errors and make the first comments after processing the data.
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to find ways of enhancing them
- Oversee, manage and train end-users in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company regulations
- Participate in the design & implementation of data collection, analysis and sensitivity policies / procedures
- Participate in the system performance assessment for making recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Master‘s degree in Computer Science, Business Intelligence or related field
- At least 3+ years’ experience in a similar position
- Methodical, autonomous and rigorous approach to work, showing dynamism, dedication and team spirit.
- Good organizational and relational skills, precision, ability to manage an important workload and respect deadlines
- Strong experience and knowledge of concepts related to architecture, design, implementation, and maintenance of data warehouses / databases, Data Quality and Business Intelligence
- Demonstrated experience in Data Warehousing using ETL tools (such as Talend, SSIS).
- Demonstrated experience working with Reporting Tools such as Power BI, SSRS.
- Programming experience (e.g. JAVA, T-SQL, PL/SQL, DAX,)
- Good Experience working with Database / Datawarehouse as SQL Server, SSAS
- Excellent understanding of data analysis and profiling functions.
- Ability to decipher and organize large amounts of data in a Datawarehouse.
- Language Skills : Fluent in French and English with proof of excellent written skills in both languages.
What we offer
Located in Luxembourg, LIH offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic, international and multilingual environment that values personal respect and professional achievement based on the highest intellectual and ethical standards. The remuneration for this position shall be based on qualification and experience.
Applications including a cover letter and a curriculum vitae should be sent before 31 May 2022.