Post-doctoral Researcher - GD1221
The Proteomicsof Cellular Signalling research group within the Department of Infection and Immunity is currently looking for a Post-doctoral Fellow as part of an EU-funded project.
Endometrial cancer is the fourth most common cancer in women, and its incidence is increasing. Early detection is crucial since it is directly associated to patient's survival. So far, no screening methods are available and diagnosis is a multistep process that includes in 80% of cases a minimally-invasive and in 20% of cases additional invasive measures. This inaccurate diagnostic process is a burden on our healthcare system, since it is performed on 7M women a year in EU, who will have an abnormal vaginal bleeding. However, only 10% will have endometrial cancer.
The goal of this study is the development of a non-invasive diagnostic tool for endometrial cancer using cervical fluid protein biomarkers. We will use mass spectrometry-based proteomics to systematically analyze patient samples. This data will the be analysed using different bioinformatic tools and mathematical models. The data will be further integrated with other data generated by other partners of this project.
As part of this EU-funded project, we are searching a motivated post-doctoral fellow joining the proteomics of cellular signalling team and who will work in this multi-national endeavour.
- Analysis of patient samples by targeted mass spectrometry-based proteomics
- Data analysis of the MS-data
- Preparation of samples and development of advanced sample preparation methods
- Interactions with our partners from Spain, Estonia, and Turkey
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Mass spectrometry-based proteomics
- Data analysis of large proteomics datasets experience
- Programming using R, python or Julia.
- Biochemical purification of proteins.
- Languages skills: fluent command of English, knowledge of another language of the European Union is an asset.
- Contract type: 3-year fixed-term contract
- Work hours: Full time
- Location: Esch sur Alzette
- Start date: 1 February 2022
- Ref: VD/PDREU1221/GD/DII CELL
HOW TO APPLY
Applications including a cover letter and a curriculum vitae should be sent before 15 January 2022. Please apply ONLINE formally through this web page. Applications by email will not be considered.