EXECUTIVE SECRETARY (M/F) – FULL TIME – 12 MONTH CONTRACT CDD
Laboratoire national de santé (Luxembourg public institution) is recruiting for a full time role and for a temporary (CDD) 12 month contract an Executive secretary (m/f) in the department of Microbiology
About the LNS
The “Laboratoire national de santé” (LNS) is a public institution under the supervision of the ministry of Health in Luxembourg. Organised as a multidisciplinary institute and supported by a professional services team, the LNS includes four scientific departments in the fields of medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine and health protection, in addition to hosting the National Center of Pathology and the National Center of Genetics.
The LNS has its new premises in Dudelange, with state of the art, modern infrastructure in line with recent developments in medical sciences.
Its objective is to develop scientific and analytical expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of human diseases. Its ultimate mission is to serve patients and citizens and offer excellence in health care.
The department of microbiology offers reference laboratory activities in partnership with various other public and private laboratories in the country. At the same time, it works closely together with the Ministry of Health and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) on epidemiological matters, as well as the National Service for Infectious Diseases as far as diagnostics is concerned.
ABOUT THE MISSION
We are looking for a competent executive secretary to support the head of Microbiology department. You will be responsible of organizing and maintaining the daily schedule and assist the head of the department by performing a variety of administrative tasks.
We are looking for a motivated professional with great time-management and multitasking abilities. The goal is to contribute to the efficiency of the overall management of the department by ensuring all assigned administrative duties are carried on timely and efficiently.
We are looking for a team player who will reflect the core values of LNS and contribute to the daily activities of the current administrative team in the department including participation in daily tasks if required.
- Maintain Head of the department agenda and assist in planning appointments, department meetings, etc.
- Receive and screen phone calls and redirect them when appropriate
- Handle and prioritize all outgoing or incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Attend meetings with the team and external stakeholder and keep minutes
- Contribute to daily processing of lab-related activities if required ( e.g. booking samples in lab electronic system)
- Prepare invoices or financial statements and provide assistance in bookkeeping for departmental activities as research projects or other assignments
- Maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible
- Conduct statistics and prepare reports as assigned
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Holding at least a high school diploma (equivalent, Abitur, BAC, CESS, etc.)
- Proven experience as executive secretary or similar administrative role of at least 5 years
- Proficient in MS Office tools, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Fluency in French and English is essential
- In depth knowledge of office management and basic accounting procedures as well as technical vocabulary of laboratory field is an asset
- Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Integrity and confidentiality
- A training certificate in business administration or relative field is considered an asset
If you wish to apply, please send your application (CV, letter of intent and copies of your degrees).