Join team Delano
Maison Moderne, the publisher of Delano, is recruiting an experienced journalist specialised in reporting and developing stories on the financial sector.
What we expect:
- A writer who can produce quality, original content in English on developments in the financial sector, with a primary focus on Luxembourg, for Delano’s monthly magazine, website and twice-daily newsletters.
- A journalist eager to land scoops and put in the legwork to develop in-depth stories, as well as provide quick turnaround reporting.
- A team player who is willing to provide leads and background material for other journalists with Delano and our sister publication Paperjam.
- An all-rounder who is also comfortable with contributing to audio and video content.
What you should provide:
- A proven track record of quality journalism.
- University level qualifications, ideally in journalism or communication.
- A good network of contacts in Luxembourg’s financial sector and relevant institutions. Knowledge of the major players and the issues pertinent to all aspects of funds, banking and insurance and regulation in the grand duchy and beyond.
- Flawless written English and strong passive knowledge of French. Familiarity with German and/or Luxembourgish would also be an asset.
- Experience in, or at least a curiosity for, technology and cross-platform journalism (print, digital, audio, video, social media, and live presentations).
- An interest in current affairs, Luxembourg and EU politics, culture and the “expat” experience would also be useful.
- A capacity to develop leadership capabilities would be a plus.
What we can offer:
- A permanent full-time contract with Luxembourg’s leading independent publisher.
- A company firmly established in the economic fabric of Luxembourg and the Greater Region.
- A dynamic environment, a committed team and a positive working atmosphere.
- Potential to grow and take on a leadership role in our bi-lingual newsroom.
- Start date to be agreed.
If you think you are the right person for this job, please send us your application including an up to date CV and cover letter.