We are Netcompany-Intrasoft, a leading European IT Solutions and Services Group with strong international presence and expertise, offering innovative and added-value solutions of the highest quality to a wide range of international and national public and private organizations. More than 500 organizations in over 70 countries worldwide have chosen the company's services and solutions to fulfill their business needs.
For more information regarding our company, current projects, and openings around Europe, please consult our website: www.netcompany-intrasoft.com.
A day in the life of a ORACLE DBA
You will be a part of a vibrant team, highly motivated and passionate about back end development within best coding practices. You will be part of a highly performing, cross functional, Agile team of experienced developers tasked with building large scale applications in microservices architecture. Our Agile teams work for the development Netcompany-Intrasoft government products and for EU Institutions web applications.
ORACLE DBA (M/F)
- 850 MS SQL databases under 85 servers,
- 197 Oracle servers and each server hosts only one instance,
- 670 Sybase databases under 74 servers and
- 97 MySQL databases under 15 servers.
- Virtualised environment
- Backup via NetBackup
Your main duties will be:
You will be joining a DBA team as back-up. The role of the backup person is key to the service as it guarantees the continuity of service to the client by replacing the main DBAs during leaves or when they dedicate their time to specific projects.
As Back up, you will have to support the main DBA team members in the following activities and responsibilities based on ITIL best practices:
- Participate in problem, change, release, configuration and capacity management
- Troubleshoot incidents and provide second and third level support for the database servers built on physical and VMWare virtual environments and architectures.
- Technical documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
- Work as required on the evolution, design, implementation, management, administration and support of the customer’s Database Management Systems along with coordination of transversal IT projects
- Coordinate major deployments in database server areas such as upgrades to new versions, yearly patching campaigns, etc...
…then this position is suitable for you!
If you have
Knowledge and skills:
- 7 year of experience in the management of Oracle DBA production environment in a team of minimum 5 DBAs.
- Strong experience in managing at least 100 servers and DBs
- Strong knowledge in:
- Oracle 12c and Oracle 19
- Performance monitoring and trouble shooting
- Back-up/restore (Netbackup is a plus)
- Installation and configuration of new servers and databases
- Management of db in virtual environment
- Linux Redhat 7
- Unix scripting
It would also be a plus if you had experience in
- Azure DevOps / Ansible / Python for CI/CD automation
- Scripting skills (Unix shells for Oracle/MySQL, SAP/Sybase)
- MySQL 7.5
- MS SQL 2012, 2019
- SAP ASE / IQ
- Professional IT certifications related to Database Administration,
- Experience in management and support, ITIL foundation (minimum),
- Interpersonal skills, active listening and customer care
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to emergency changes
- Practice of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Fluent in English, optional: French
- Capability to run a project related to database installation and management
- Good interpersonal skills
This position comes with
Competitive compensation packages
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods - unlimited access to Udemy for Business), and fast career growth
- Interesting and challenging tasks within large-scale projects
- An international dynamic within a fast-paced working environment
- The opportunity to work in a diverse environment with talented colleagues
We ensure equal opportunities, treatment, and consideration to all candidates. Discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other factor protected by applicable laws and regulations is prohibited. At Netcompany-Intrasoft we respect human rights as part of our culture, and we focus on creating a positive workplace in which all employees are valued and where diversity and inclusivity are welcomed.
The safety and well-being of our employees remain our top priority. Please note that Netcompany-Intrasoft’s recruitment process is being conducted virtually due to preventive measures against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Our people are the most important element of our success. Our work life is well defined by our set of fundamental Values:
Be the link of a great team that forms a unique network across departments, countries and business units and operates with trust, open communication, transparency and respect.
We make it happen with our expertise, accountability and solution-driven attitude. We always strive for improvement, always with an eye on the big picture.
We learn & evolve by embracing a culture of building on our experiences, sharing our knowledge and developing our skills. We are always open to new ideas and invite all our colleagues to contribute with theirs.
We fuel creativity in every aspect of our everyday life at Netcompany - Intrasoft; in the solutions and products we design and the initiatives we undertake.
We share customer success by understanding their unique needs, corresponding to their vision, and exceeding their expectations.
*Please submit your CV in English
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.