We are looking for an skilled Senior Product Specialist to to participate to the activities of the Institutional and Wholesale (I&WD) Product Management Team which acts as the knowledge hub for all investment-related matters (markets, products, competition). This is an opportunity for you to combine your enthusiasm about the financial markets with your innovative, entrepreneurial attitude to promote our investment strategies to our investors through various channels (marketing documents, investment strategy updates, meetings and roadshows).
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and personal background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
Nordea Asset Management (NAM) is the asset management arm of the Nordea Group, the leading financial services group in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions. The group has more than 9 million clients and 28,000 employees. NAM has around 850 employees and manages more than EUR 280 billion of assets for institutional, wholesale and retail clients across the Nordic region and the globe.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the I&WD product management team. We add value by being the knowledge centre for all investment-related matters (markets, products, landscape ). The Team is the main contact for our investment professionals being the internal asset management boutiques based primarily in the Nordic region or external asset managers spread across the world. We are in charge of promoting our investment solutions by conception of suitable marketing documents, product promotion and support to the dedicated I&WD clients’ sales team, also supporting them as an investment expert in client meetings, conferences, roadshows, conferences, etc.
What you’ll be doing:
- Promote our internal and external fixed income and / or equities strategies through the expertise and know-how to our investors considering current market environment.
- Participate in conferences and client events as speaker and subject matter expert for related investment solutions and support relevant Sales person in one-to-one client meetings.
- Assist in handling incoming requests from clients or sales in a timely manner and with attention to detail.
- Prepare and maintain pre-sales marketing documents such as pitch book, market insights etc.
- Draft and deliver monthly and / or quarterly investment strategy updates informing our investors about portfolio developments, performance and performance attribution.
- Perform the investment strategies and asset classes’ analysis through quantitative and qualitative comparison against our competitors.
- Deal with Institutional and Wholesale Request for Proposals (RFP) on specific investment strategies.
- Establish and maintain a good network with Sales, Product Managers and other key stakeholders
The role is based in Luxembourg and will require some travel. Welcome to a multilingual, growing team of 30+ people, which is working in an inspiring, multi-cultural and creative environment with a Nordic touch.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To do well in this role, we believe that you:
- Are well organized and pay high attention to detail.
- Are a team-oriented person with experience in setting priorities and dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Are used to ensure timely delivery and high quality in a performance-driven environment.
Your experience and background:
- A degree in finance, economics or related studies.
- 3-7 years Experience in a product specialist or investment analyst role, with experience in conducting research and investment analysis in global fixed income and / or equities.
- Experience with thematic and ESG investment funds would be considered as an additional asset.
- Good knowledge of the legal environment on UCITs funds within an ESG framework.
- Well-organized and detail orientated individual, with the ability to persuasively present and defend ideas.
- Great skills in written and spoken English; any other language will be considered as an additional asset.
- Great presentation skills.
- Genuine interest for investment with a good level of analytical skills.
- Understanding of the needs of clients and sales within an Institutional and Wholesale distribution context of an Asset Manager.
- Team-oriented person with experience in priority setting, ensuring timely delivery and acting within a multi-cultural environment.
- Studying for or being a CFA Charterholder or a similar qualification would be considered as an additional asset.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 15.08.2022 via the following link: https://careers.nordea.com/job/Luxembourg-Senior-Product-Specialist-%28Fixed-Income-Equities%29-in-IWD-Product-Management%2C-Luxembourg-L-2015/830506801/?feedId=335801&utm_source=CareerSite
Please note the position might be filled before the application deadline.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at supporting customers and communities. So please come as you are.