Administrator, Private Equity (m/f)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Administrator in the Private Equity Team. The team provides Fund Administration and Accounting, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services to our clients.
This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to work closely with a senior administrator or officer to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
Key responsibilities of the role may include:
Fund Administration and Accounting
- Working with the senior administrator on liaison with the client and lawyers to work on acquisitions, disposal and restructuring of investments.
- Working on the day to day administration of client Funds and holding companies.
- Cash management and processing of payments.
- Bookkeeping of cash transactions on the relevant accounting systems.
- Assisting with the NAV preparation within defined timeframes.
- Liaison with tax advisors and other external parties as required.
- Work on the Capital call/distribution process
- To respond to investor queries on a timely basis.
- To update all investor static data.
- Assisting with audit liaison.
- Assisting in the preparation of regulatory reports.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Knowledge and experience in Private Equity Fund Administration.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of Investran would be an advantage
- Part qualification to a Professional Accounting Qualification would be an advantage but not required
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.