Consultant, Private Equity
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Consultant in the Private Equity Team. The team provides Fund Administration and Accounting, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services to our clients.
This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
Key responsibilities of the role may include:
Fund Administration and Accounting
- Liaison with the client and lawyers to work on acquisitions, disposal and restructuring of investments.
- Drafting of relevant documents for inclusion in the board pack.
- Liaison with third parties and internally for company set up, liquidation, company secretarial and compliance issues.
- Coaching of junior team members
- Capital call/distribution process, including review of payments, notices and sign-off of completed files.
- To ensure investor queries are responded to on a timely basis.
- To ensure all investor static data is accurate.
- To ensure appropriate AML is in place for each investor.
- Cash management and processing of payments.
- Assisting with bookkeeping of cash transactions on the relevant accounting systems.
- Assisting the accountants where required with the NAV preparation within defined timeframes.
- Liaison with tax advisors.
- Liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries.
- Preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, BCL and CSSF reports.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Knowledge and proven experience in Private Equity Fund Administration.
- Experience in Hedge funds is essential
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Team player
- Knowledge of Investran would be an advantage
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.