Consultant, Private Equity (m/f)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Consultant in the Private Equity Team. The team provides Fund Administration and Accounting, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services to our clients.
This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
Key responsibilities of the role may include:
Fund Administration and Accounting
- Liaison with the client and lawyers to work on acquisitions, disposal and restructuring of investments.
- Drafting of relevant documents for inclusion in the board pack.
- Liaison with third parties and internally for company set up, liquidation, company secretarial and compliance issues.
- Coaching of junior team members
- Capital call/distribution process, including review of payments, notices and sign-off of completed files.
- To ensure investor queries are responded to on a timely basis.
- To ensure all investor static data is accurate.
- To ensure appropriate AML is in place for each investor.
- Cash management and processing of payments.
- Assisting with bookkeeping of cash transactions on the relevant accounting systems.
- Assisting the accountants where required with the NAV preparation within defined timeframes.
- Liaison with tax advisors.
- Liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries.
- Preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, BCL and CSSF reports.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Knowledge and proven experience in Private Equity Fund Administration.
- Experience in Hedge funds is essential
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Team player
- Knowledge of Investran would be an advantage
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.