Depositary Officer, Ucits
Publiée le 25/08/2022
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Depositary Consultant you will be the primary point of contact for a portfolio of NT depositary clients. You will be responsible for monitoring clients’ daily activities, proactively providing guidance and support as well as technical and operational expertise on all Luxembourg funds to ensure your maintain and execute the necessary policies and procedures to meet all regulatory requirements. As a core member of the Northern Trust Global Services SE (NTGS SE) Luxembourg Depositary Team you will leverage your experience and knowledge to provide support and guidance to junior team members as well as colleagues and stakeholders across the organisation. Involvement with other EMEA jurisdictions is also required both from an Operations perspective as well as a Subject Matter Expert depending on your experience and capabilities.
Key Responsibilities Of The Role Include
- Ensure all Depositary requirements are met and escalate any issues where appropriate to management
- Work with the Depositary Managers and EMEA Product Development to ensure that all client technical advisory requirements are anticipated, responded to and validated
- Provide a high quality service to the client and ensure that all relevant business information is disseminated with clarity and efficiency
- Identify and act upon and opportunities to improve operating processes
- Assist with the implementation of Depositary new business and client change
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the operational output from delegates and/or third party service providers
- Attend and contribute to operational audit and board meetings
- Build relationships with clients, identifying opportunities to enhance service, delivering on Depositary duties
- Ensure that all processes undertaken are in line with applicable law and company’s policies and procedure
- Analyse the potential impact of a new laws and regulation on the depositary activity
- Ensure that all SLD requirements are monitored and met
- Maintain and update operational procedures in line with expected risk requirements
- Provide local support for all on-boarding initiatives
- Be a team player and strong leadership skills, able to multi-task and work with due skill and attention to accuracy
- Lead and participate in specific projects contributing to the overall operating efficiency/ effectiveness of the Depositary Operations
The Successful Candidate Will Benefit From Having
- At least 5 years of experience in a Depositary, Custodian, ManCo/AIFM or Fund servicing role
- Proven experience with Luxembourg UCIs, understanding and applying regulatory regimes of the AIFM and UCITS directives
- Proven client service experience
- Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with both clients, peers, and internal and external stakeholders including regulators and auditors.
- Conscientious positive outlook
- Sound understanding of change and the ability to transition and on-board client relationships
- The ability to adapt to and fit in with the Northern Trust culture
- A ‘can do’ attitude – including a willingness to tackle a broad range of work and to work enthusiastically within a team
- The ability to work under pressure and to represent Northern Trust professionally and positively, both internally and externally
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.