Deputy Manager - Fund Reporting (m/f)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Fund Reporting department in Luxembourg is responsible the management of offshore services, service providers and the coordination of interaction with clients, fund auditors and tax advisors. The team also manages the calculation and control of fund distributions and the production and review of daily/periodic tax figures. This open post is deputy manager of the tax and regulatory reporting services team.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assisting other colleagues. Acting as an effective team member within the team and with other teams by imparting knowledge and offering assistance as appropriate.
- Supporting the management & taking delegation of tasks for the daily, monthly and annual deliveries, respecting the relevant deadlines.
- Delivering high quality service to clients by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks and requests for information. Close attention to detail necessary.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, auditors and other parties. As well as internally: locally with other departments and at EMEA level with other NT locations.
- Working closely with Manager(s) on various processes/projects, such as being assigned to take the lead and/or assist to implement new processes in order to help the team be successful in its goals and KPIs.
- To proactively identifying areas of concern, and suggest enhancements to procedures where weaknesses or potential efficiencies are identified, to demonstrate a clear and risk based approach to outsourcing arrangements.
- Would suit a self-starter & ambitious individual, with the drive to figure out problems without significant guidance wanting to grow with an expanding asset servicing business.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Degree (University) in economics/business administration/accounting.
- Good knowledge of fund accounting/fund reporting processes.
- Good knowledge of legal/regulatory requirements for funds.
- Ability to work well in a senior position in a team- experience with managing a team is an advantage.
- Accounting knowledge and very good command of MS Excel, Knowledge of GP3 accounting system beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation and externally, fluent English necessary. Other languages such as French and German beneficial.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and meeting deadlines
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.