About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Our New Partner day to day responsibility, in collaboration with his team members, will be the execution of tasks to support the IT risk and control assessments, information security initiatives, and /or user access management activities. This Partner will also actively participate in the identification, assessment and reporting of technology and information security risk. In this position, the partner will also have the chance to collaborate with peers and manager on IT Risk and Information Security projects.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Identify risks associated with the use of technology for internal systems and hosted external systems.
- Ensure compliance of internal and hosted external systems within the context of IT programs with Luxembourg laws and regulations, Northern Trust policies and IT Standards.
- Participate in the elaboration and implementation of a local IT service management and governance framework.
- Review and assess controls through established frameworks.
- Perform periodic exception reviews and proactively highlight deviations from standards.
- Collaborate with peers to determine action plans to remediate identified risks.
- Ensure operational oversight of IT outsourcings through periodic reviews and controls.
- Effectively coordinate internal and external audits for the IT department.
- Document and report findings and remediation plans to management.
- Execute access management related tasks and reviews.
- Support local Information Security Officer in Information Security activities as needed.
- Collaborate with Information Security, Privacy, and Risk Management teams to provide continuous improvement to Information Security and Technology Risk Policies and frameworks.
- Remain informed on trends and issues in the security industry, including current and emerging technologies.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Relevant experience in IT risk management experience and oversight of IT outsourcing.
- Good understanding of Information Security, IT audit and IT risk management principles.
- Understanding of assessments of IT related processes such as system and information security, system development and change management, computer operations and data protection.
- Understanding of Financial Services industry regulations, specifically those defined by Luxembourg CSSF
- Demonstrated ability to work well in both an individual contributor and team capacity, in particular multi-national teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to interact in a professional manner and develop relationships with individuals and teams at any level in Northern Trust or third party service provider.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.