About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Project Manager within the Fund Event team. This team is responsible for ensuring a smooth execution and the completion of projects such as new fund launches, transitions, mergers, and liquidations. They are also responsible for monitoring risk and issues throughout the project and ensure proper escalation to senior management where needed.
Key responsibilities of the role may include:
- Active management of direct and indirect communications with clients, service providers, fund management companies, custodians, portfolio managers and brokers in order to successfully run fund events in line with the defined scope and time
- Helping to coordinate the operations teams involved in fund events (launches, mergers, migrations, liquidations…);
- Ensuring that events are coordinated through the whole production life-cycle of the fund by using established best practices and project tools;
- Creating and maintaining project plans, RAID logs, runbooks and any other project related documentation using MS Project / Excel.
- Identifying and escalating issues including system functionality, data availability, resource availability and the scope or scale of on-going projects;
- Assist the Client Service Delivery Managers in identifying any changes to service level reporting or deviation from standard operating models raised in the project environment to ensure they are captured appropriately in service level agreements.
- Assist in RFPs and Sales presentations to Client.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record in Project Management within a Funds environment
- The ability to work inclusively in a team environment as well as an individual contributor, exhibiting initiative and flexibility
- New Business Implementation experience is advantageous
- Excel / Word / PowerPoint / MS Project Skills
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance (REMOVE FOR LUX POSTINGS), Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.