Senior Administrator, Company Secretarial (m/f)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Senior Administrator will report directly to the team leader and will be responsible for managing her/his own portfolio of clients (regulated funds, soparfi, RAIFs, etc). She/he will ensure that clients are provided with an efficient service in accordance with Company and Departmental procedures while growing within a team and as a professional.
The Corporate and Domiciliary Services Department is comprised of 17 partners, all working together closely to achieve great results and excellent service to our client.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage the statutory requirements of a portfolio of Luxembourg (and other jurisdictions), listed and unlisted, entities, with supervision
- Manage and mitigate risk, within the day to day activities and escalate as appropriate
- Maintain statutory books and regulatory filings for the assigned portfolio of clients
- Organise, prepare agendas for and attend client board / investor / committee meetings
- Produce minutes, action points and follow up for clients within agreed deadlines
- Review of corporate documentation for the portfolio of clients (articles, agreements, prospectus, financial statements, service level agreements etc.) from a corporate secretarial perspective
- Liaise with internal and external parties as needed (i.e. client, regulators, lawyers, notaries, embassies, client relationship delivery managers, operational teams etc.)
- Attend on-boarding / client service review meetings (as necessary)
- Ad hoc tasks as requested
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- University qualification
- In-depth experience working in a Luxembourg corporate environment
- Fluent in English - French and/or German advantageous
- Strong drafting skills in English
- Good knowledge of the Luxembourg corporate law
- Experience attending large board meetings and taking minutes with tight timelines
- Experience of Microsoft Outlook and Office
- Knowledge of Diligent Boardbooks or any other board packaging software would be an advantage
- Exposure to various types of regulated and unregulated vehicles including, but not limited to, RAIFs, SIFs, SICARs, SCSp, SCAs/SA/Sàrl, SICAVs, FCPs and Management Companies
- Experience with client facing situations and familiarity with the Luxembourg legal environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with individuals at all corporate levels
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and escalate potential risks
- Ability to work in a team and with external parties
- Ability to work autonomously in large part
- Interest in developing knowledge and skills
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.