Our client, an independent Professional of the Financial Sector with over 10 years’ experience in the investment fund industry in Luxembourg, is currently recruiting for an immediate start or by arrangement a:
Experimented Private Equity and Real Estate (“PERE”) Fund Accountant (M/F)
Full-time position – Permanent Contract
As a PERE Fund Accountant, you will be in charge of maintaining the accounting records of the assigned funds from start to finish in an accurate and timely manner, following established controls and procedure, and ensuring superior client service.
The company offers many advantages in terms of career development as well as social benefits.
• Preparation of the financial statements for Private Equity Funds and holding companies.
• Ensuring the financial statements are finalized and filed within the regulatory deadlines.
• Working with the client to agree on the quarterly and year end reporting templates, ensuring compliance with relevant GAAPs and regulations.
• Liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries and ensuring a smooth running of the year end and interim audit process.
• Preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, BCL and CSSF reports.
• Preparation and review of the NAVs within defined timeframes.
• Bookkeeping and reviewing accounting entries, including restructuring, acquisitions, and disposal of investments.
• Liaison with clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support striking of NAV.
• Performing the bank reconciliation ensuring they are completed within the required internal deadlines.
• Liaison with other internal departments such as Transfer Agency, Legal, Compliance, Custody and Company Secretarial as and when required.
Background and Qualifications profile
• Bac+3/equivalent education (or higher)
• Knowledge and experience in Private Equity and Fund Administration (3-5 years).
• Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
• Strong attention to detail and exceptional analytical, organizational and time management skills;
• Knowledge of accounting standards: including Lux GAAP, IFRS (a plus);
• Strong communication skills and well organized;
• Flexible and self-motivated; eager to take on responsibility;
• Fluent in English; other languages, particularly French would be an advantage.