Following a merger with Estera in early 2020, Ocorian are one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth.
As a combined business we manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Ocorian is currently seeking a Fund Accounting Manager to assist with the management of the Fund Accounting team members in charge of a portfolio of Fund structures in connection with the administration services provided. The role holder will support Ocorian’s target operating model; ensuring adherence to prescribed regulations, monitoring performance against agreed service level deliverables and promoting a partnership approach with our clients.
The position would also be in charge and to provide professional fund administration services to more complex structures for which Ocorian provides services and at all times to comply with the Policies and Procedures of Ocorian (Luxembourg) S.A., a regulated company under the supervision of the CSSF (PSF).
You will need to be quick to learn new systems and to be great with people, as close-working relationships between our colleagues and clients is at the heart of what we do.
- Act as a point of contact for a limited number of fund structures within a team, assisting with the setting up and maintaining of business relationships while continuing to nurture internal stakeholder relationships throughout the process ;
- Perform role in line with Ocorian’s policies and procedures being mindful at all times of the local regulatory framework in which we operate ;
- Prepare annual stand-alone, management accounts and other ad-hoc financial reporting from the accounting records of the client entities in line with Lux GAAP or IFRS ;
- Post final bookkeeping entriesin eFrontrequired to produce financial reporting and perform year end ledger close-down procedures, together with the ability to consolidate large Real Estate structures ;
- Perform daily procedures in line with the Operational Procedures Manuals and checklist templates for client relationships ;
- Oversee the bookkeeping of more complex client structures as required and provide additional bookkeeping and administrative assistance to other members of the Fund Accounting team as may from time to time be requested ;
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables ;
- To liaise with clients and other professional advisers to agree timetables for the production of annual, interim and management accounts and further acting as a technical consultant for the client on accounting matters ;
- Foster strong relations across all internal departments including working together with all internal stakeholders teams to assist with the coordination of tasks with experience in reviewing processes, assessing risks and defining controls ;
- Managing competing priorities and establishing clear expectations for stakeholders in relation to client interaction ;
- To contribute to the development of eFront to maximise the efficiency of the accounts production process and client experience ;
- Build strong relationships and identify client needs and ensure escalation points are properly managed ;
- The ability to build strong relationships and identify client needs in this customer centric role is important and ensuring that the necessary focus on escalation points is properly managed.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in financial services experience in the field of Fund Accounting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in the Luxembourg fund industry, with a speciality in Real Estate Alternative Investment Funds ;
- Strong knowledge of LUX GAAP reporting and experience in accounting for a range of funds structures. Knowledge of IFRS and consolidations would be plus ;
- Knowledge and usage of eFront ;
- Fluent written and spoken English required (French, German and Spanish would be an advantage) ;
- Relevant professional qualification would be plus (eg ACCA / ACA / CPA) ;
- Technical financial services knowledge including knowledge of fund accounting for Alternative Investment funds ;
- You have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Word ;
- Experience in a supervisory / people management role with good coaching skills highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a sense of teamwork ;
- Ability to take ownership of daily workload and document status of deliverables ;
- Client solution orientated mind-set ;
- Ability to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure whilst delivering within agreed deadlines ;
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work methodically and accurately ;
- Must have initiative to continually improve and develop internal processes and self ;
- Be solution driven, like technology, look for improvements and not be afraid of change, needing to be flexible and work in an agile environment. Constantly work at improving your knowledge ;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential qualities, which will stand you in good stead as you work effectively and collaboratively with the team, clients and others within the organisation.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be ;
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective ;
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.