Fund Accounting Officer (m/f)
Ocorian is a global leader in corporate and fiduciary services, fund administration and capital markets. Wherever our clients hold financial interests, or however they are structured, we provide compliant, tailored solutions that are individual to their needs.
We manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To be in charge and to provide professional fund administration services to a varied portfolio of clients for which Ocorian provides services and at all times to comply with the Policies and Procedures of Ocorian (Luxembourg) S.A., a regulated company under the supervision of the CSSF (PSF).
- Ensure that daily matters to be completed are performed in a timely and satisfactory manner including monitoring of a dedicated portfolio of clients’ company;
- Ensuring that all bookkeeping tasks and reconciliations are completed in a quality, compliant and timely manner;
- Support senior team members in the preparation of statutory accounts of Luxembourg regulated and unregulated companies/funds investing in different domain (including debt, real estate and private equity) in accordance with LUX GAAP and IFRS;
- Support senior team members for the preparation of the consolidation of group of companies under LUX GAAP and IFRS;
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables;
- Liaise with clients to ensure efficient delivery of output and client service expectations;
- Maintaining efficient external relationships with clients, GP, AIFM, Depositary Agent and other stakeholders;
- Within the accounting team contribute to the continuous improvement of the accounting process designed to provide the highest level of service to the clients;
- Post through eFront and Excel final bookkeeping entries required to produce financial reporting and perform year end ledger close-down procedures;
- Provide additional bookkeeping and administrative assistance to other members of the Fund Accounting team as may from time to time be requested;
- Support senior team members the preparation of statistical and regulatory reporting;
- Provide support to the Client Accounting Management team on policies and processes to enable the team to work more efficiently;
- Actively liaising with other teams when necessary and by being implicated in common / ad hoc projects
- Ensure accurate time recording.
QUALIFICATIONS/ KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE/COMPETENCIES
- Professional accountancy qualification or be suitably qualified by virtue of relevant ;
- Good knowledge of accounting practices and standards, financial markets and investment management standards in Luxembourg;
- Fluency in English (written and orally), with any other language (French, German, Spanish) being considered as an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills;
- Adaptable and problem-solving;
- Previous experience with eFront, PE-RE funds environment, regulated and un-regulated structures could be a plus;
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be ;
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective ;
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.