Product Safety & Risk Engineer (m/f/d)
If you are a team player, if working autonomously combined with strong organizational and analytical skills are your strength and passion, then you are here at the right place.
In the field of hydrogen and syngas generation, processing and other by-product gases in iron- and coke making you will
- Advice our engineering and project teams in questions related to explosion protection, functional safety and safety integrated systems
- Participate in and support risk analysis studies and hazard assessments together with our internal teams and customers
- Support in the development and improvement of relevant internal documents, checklists and standards
- Be the direct contact for our customers, suppliers and involved thirds parties for questions regarding the above mentioned activities/disciplines
- Conduct appropriate training for designated colleagues.
- Interesting development possibilities in an international, innovative and dynamic company
- Large training measures and target-oriented feedback
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours and entitlement to leave, which exceeds the minimum legal standards
- Extra social security benefits like additional pension insurance, additional health and accident insurances.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in process, chemical, electrical or mechanical engineering or in another comparable industrial field with several years of professional experience in the environment of oil & gas industry, chemical industry or similar industrial environment
- Expertise in HAZOP, HAZID safety and risk evaluating methods/studies
- Strong knowledge of explosion protection in accordance with the ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU, ATEX Directive 1999/92/EC and related standards (e.g. EN 1127-1, EN 60079-1-10)
- Knowledge in functional safety according to EN 61511-3 or similar standards
- General and overall knowledge in further European directives such as the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU and the related risk analysis according to e.g. EN ISO 12100 as well as related equipment standards such as e.g. EN 13480
- Definition of piping classes for the specific media in collaboration with the engineering
- Fluent in English and either German and/or French
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skill
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage numerous assignments simultaneously.
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of national explosion protection rules like TRBS 2152, TRGS 725, etc. for Germany or other European countries.