Funds Controller - Direct Private Equity
Publiée le 18/02/2023
Pictet is an investment-led service company, offering wealth management, asset management and related services. We are a partnership of seven owner managers and our principles of succession and transmission of ownership have remained unchanged since foundation in 1805.
Our purpose is to build responsible partnerships with our clients, communities, and the companies in which we invest, in order to safeguard and transmit wealth, of all kinds, in the service of the real economy.
With more than CHF 576 billion in assets under management or custody at 31 December 2019, Pictet is today one of the leading Europe-based independent wealth and asset managers.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and founded there, Pictet today employs more than 4,200 people. It has 28 offices in: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Basel, Brussels, Dubai, Frankfurt, Geneva, Hong Kong, Lausanne, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Monaco, Montreal, Munich, Nassau, Osaka, Paris, Rome, Singapore, Stuttgart, Taipei, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Turin, Verona and Zurich.
The Pictet Group is one of the world’s leading independent wealth and asset managers. Founded in 1805 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Group is represented in 30 offices in financial centres worldwide, currently employing over 4600 people. Pictet has been present in Luxembourg since 1989 where it employs over 600 people.
Pictet Alternative Advisors is a leading alternative investment specialist with expertise in hedge funds, private equity and global real estate. The Geneva and London-based team constructs, manages and advises on portfolios of alternative investment solutions for institutional and private clients.
You will be part of an exciting new project for the Alternative Investments arm of Pictet, joining a AIFM, Pictet Alternative Advisors (Europe) SA, which focuses on private assets. As part of a team of nine dedicated and highly motivated colleagues, you will primarily focus on direct private equity funds, together with other Pictet Alternative Advisors teams based around Europe.
To ensure that we can keep pace with substantial growth, we are seeking to hire a Funds Controller specialising in Direct Private Equity working for and reporting to our Senior Fund Controller. Operated as a flat structure there is plenty of room to develop new skills and achieve exciting career growth.
Together with the wider Fund Finance team based in London, your duties will include:
- Designing and implementing the oversight framework for delegated functions such as due diligence, agreement reviews, operating memorandum preparation, defining KPIs and organising service-level review meetings.
- Reviewing periodic reporting packs from underlying investments and external accountants, as well as ensuring that reporting is received on time, is accurate and in an acceptable format.
- Reviewing and approving the quarterly IFRS NAV calculation and Capital Account Statements.
- Overseeing and managing the preparation of semi-annual and annual financial statements for investment vehicles as well as liaising with external auditors to cover the annual audits.
- Building a strong relationships with the investment/transaction team and providing operational support by implementing the tax structure, setting-up SPVs, opening bank accounts, reviewing sources and uses, preparing fund flows and co-ordinating the preparation of legal documentation with legal advisors.
- Ensuring that the funds and fund entities fulfil all their tax obligations with effective oversight of external tax compliance teams.
- Managing loan administration including credit facilities, external loans, intercompany financing and preparing compliance certificates.
- Reviewing and approving capital calls, distributions, equalisation, overseeing the authorisation of invoices, payment processing and cash management.
- Preparing and updating operating and procedure manuals, which will be used both internally and by third-party service providers.
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Accountancy and/or an equivalent professional accounting qualification.
- At least seven years’ experience gained with direct private equity investment management companies or a service provider specialising in direct private equity; ideally completed with exposure to direct real estate.
- Previous exposure to managing service providers working in private equity.
- Proven experience of dealing with accounting, tax and regulatory reporting and practical knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP.
- Level of proficiency in both English and French sufficient to enable you to discuss complex matters comfortably with parties both inside and outside the Company.
- Inquiring and analytical mind, enthusiastic with a willingness to learn.
- Organised, goal- and solution-oriented, with a keen sense of attention to detail in a pressured environment is critical.
As the chosen candidate you will be self-motivated and pro-active with the ability to work independently to tight deadlines and complete set tasks while managing multiple priorities. You will show flexibility and adaptability, enabling you to respond to unforeseen changes/events, and demonstrate clear and confident communication skills, both written and oral, in particular in English. Last but not least, you will have the credibility and necessary maturity to interact at senior levels both inside and outside the Company
We will not accept any CVs from agencies.
In accordance with the provisions of the Luxembourg law of 23 July 2016 amending the law of 29 March 2013, candidates may be required to provide an extract from their criminal record. This document, issued by the authorities, must not be older than three months. Such a document will be requested with the aim of carrying out a character check on candidates, bearing in mind the area of activity of our establishment and, more particularly, the tasks described in the job description.
Flexible and modern ways of working
As a responsible and supportive employer, we promote the well-being of our employees through a set of flexible working arrangements, ranging from a work-from-home policy for eligible functions to opportunities for annualised part-time leave and extended parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
Pictet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.