Willing to work within a European Institution?
Then you might be interested in the following offer. We are currently looking for a :
Administrative Assistant - Legal Department (M/F)
The Operational Assistant will perform a wide range of office support, administrative and secretarial duties for the Division. The job holder will share responsibilities with other assistants in the Division.
The Operational Assistant will report to the Head of Division and will work with all Division members (lawyers and assistants), other Directorates and interface with external contacts to support the Division's operations.
- To assist in the accurate preparation of original legal documents and in the finalisation / administration of contractual documentation (such as finance contracts, guarantee agreements and contractual modifications);
- To assist and ensure follow-up of all procedures both before and after signature of legal documents (e.g. prepare and circulate legal contributions to internal decision-making documents, prepare and distribute contractual documents, ensure due circulation of documents both inside and outside the organisation, handle notification of signatures, ensure electronic and paper archiving, store documents electronically (GED Livelink), handle notes and other memoranda);
- To carry out general secretarial duties and administrative tasks, including telephone coverage, mail/document control and distribution, filing, organisation of meetings, managing calendars;
- To prepare and follow-up purchase requests for consultancy and to take care of administrative aspects in relation to in-house and external consultants;
- To prepare draft correspondence on various topics for the Division, including notes, reports & presentations;
- To verify data to be inserted in contractual documents and coordinate with other Directorates to assist lawyers in the preparation of new contracts and other documents;
- To make suggestions to improve key records management processes.
- You obtained at least a certified secondary-level education and secretarial training;
- You acquired at least 3 years of relevant, professional experience, as secretary/administrative assistant in a law firm, corporate legal function, or any other legal environment;
- You speak fluently English (C1 minimum) and you have a good command of Spanish (B2 minimum). A good command of Portuguese would be an advantage;
- You have a good knowledge of the standard IT & office tools (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Acrobat. A familiarity with Electronic Documents Management tools, electronic archiving, and reporting tools is required;
- You are immediately available and interested in temporary contracts.
Interested? Feeling like this experience could be a good opportunity for you right now?
Then please apply through the appropriate link and we will get back to you if your profile matches the requirements.