Would you like to be part of one of the top financial services companies in the world, and add a substantial hands-on experience to your Resume? Here is the perfect opportunity for you.
Compliance plays a critical role in the successful execution of the firm's compliance mission. The Compliance function ensures the development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture by identifying and interpreting relevant regulatory rules that govern our business globally. Compliance teams work closely with business, legal, risk, and audit program infrastructure that identifies, measures and monitors compliance with applicable laws, regulations and functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters, assess and measure compliance and related risks, and monitor and test the adequacy of the firm's compliance control environment.
The role will require strong interaction with regional teams across the compliance framework including Regulatory Management, Compliance Practices and other line of business Advisory teams.
· The role will report to the company’s Head of Line of Business Compliance;
· Provide Compliance advice to support all areas of the PB business in particular but not limited to UK and EU regulation (in particular all aspects of MiFID II relevant to PB) and Banking requirements (Governance, Outsourcing, and Data Privacy), Cross Border, Review of new products, Insurance, Conflicts & Fiduciary Risk;
· Partner with Regional and Global Compliance function to check for consistency and leverage best practices for the PB line of business;
· Keep abreast of regulatory and legislative changes and provide advice to enable the business to implement changes and operate in a compliant and controlled manner;
· Review regulations and work with functional partners to advise the relevant owners on the development of policies and procedures within the legal entity and across other group legal entities as necessary;
· Develop close working relationships within the bank and line business to engender a culture of compliance within the business;
· Contribute to the performance of Compliance risk assessment, testing and monitoring program, and new business regulatory reviews and where necessary coordinate within the legal entity and across other group legal entities as necessary;
· Advise on the content and quality of PB submissions to the regulators, taking action where necessary;
· Taking a supporting role in day-to-day PB communications with regulators where necessary, supporting Regulatory Management and when needed act as the lead SME for the PB LOB on relevant regulatory examinations, reviews, information requests or other specific deliverables; and
· Advise on permissions, passporting and the interaction of Luxembourg, UK and European regulatory regimes.
· Strong background and experience in a banking or risk management environment or financial services from a legal or regulatory perspective;
· Good knowledge of key financial services regulation and EU regulations;
· Previous experience in dealing with and maintaining relationships with the European or Global regulators within a large and complex financial services firm or experience working at a relevant regulator;
· In-depth knowledge of a full range of PB products, including FX and securities, banking products, derivatives, structured products, investment funds (including Hedge Funds and Private Equity), their purpose, target clients, specific relevant risks, deal/trade/process flow and settlement;
· Ability to consistently deliver high quality results on the local and firm-wide Compliance program;
· Strong team player with good interpersonal and negotiating / influencing skill;
· Self-motivated individual who is eager to learn more about the financial markets and regulation;
· Positive professional and can-do attitude;
· Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized manner, prioritize, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
· Strong command of English language skills combined with French and/or German language skills preferred;
· Ability to summarize complex topics concisely and drive practical outcomes;
· Strong judgement and the ability to exercise sound judgement under pressure when faced with imperfect information; and
· Evidence of working on the delivery of projects or implementing process change required.
Interested? Send us your CV without further delay. Only CVs matching these criteria will be taken into consideration.
Randstad is one of the leading players worldwide in the area of recruitment, temporary work and human resources services. Randstad has been operating in Luxembourg since 1995 and works for most of the important companies of the country.