Willing to work within a European Institution?
Then you might be interested in the following offer. We are currently looking for a :
Operational Assistant (M/F)
The Mandate Accounting and Administrative Expenses Division is responsible for the preparation of EIB mandate financial statements and other related internal and external financial reports. In addition, the Division ensures the recording and payment of all administrative expenses and revenues of the Bank.
The successful candidate will perform secretarial and administrative tasks as well as execute regular verifications and controls in the area of mandate reporting and administrative expenses. He/she will also:
- Perform and coordinate administrative and secretarial duties of the Division while ensuring compliance with deadlines;
- Coordinate the work program for the issuance of financial statements and the dispatch of financial and other reports to internal and external counterparties;
- Organize high level meetings;
- Draft correspondence to external counterparties and ensure appropriate follow-up;
- Provide guidance to Division’s staff on administrative procedures and organize and maintain Division’s filing system;
- Whenever necessary ensure back up for administrative and secretarial tasks of other assistants in the Directorate;
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and other regular financial reports in compliance with relevant accounting standards;
- Perform regular controls and reconciliations of transactions/account balances according to the Division’s procedures and Internal Control Framework;
- Review existing procedures in areas under own domain, make suggestions for enhancements and implement revised procedures;
- Deliver on special projects in own domain in close cooperation with other stakeholders.
- You obtained a Secondary level education, completed with a 2-year certification in a relevant field (secretarial studies, business administration, accounting, finance or other);
- You acquired at least 5 years of relevant experience in an administrative support role, experience in accounting would be an advantage;
- You speak fluently English (C1) and French (B2). The knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage;
- You have proven track record in delivering in a deadline driven work environment;
- You master MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- A good knowledge of EIB standard IT tools (in particular GED, PeopleSoft Financials, Business Objects) would be an asset;
- Ideally, you have a good knowledge and understanding of EIB’s organizational structure and activities;
- You continually keep an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals;
- You easily adapts to differences and changes in the environment, with a flexible approach to reach outcomes;
- You work cooperatively as part of a team;
- You are willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align your behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules;
- You are immediately available for an opportunity of at least 2 months.
Interested? Feeling like this experience could be a good opportunity for you right now?
Then please apply through the appropriate link and we will get back to you if your profile matches the requirements.