About the job
Our vision is to provide customer-obsessed creative solutions and be different by doing so, especially from our competitors.
We are looking for a highly creative, passionate, knowledgeable design warrior who will be put on the front lines and never left behind.
In this role, you will work alongside a team of designers, marketers, and most importantly developers.
Our Design Warrior Beyond will need to have organizational skills, web skills, typography skills, and maniacal attention to detail. More importantly, he or she will need to have the ability to present and defend their design decisions. The ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with developers is essential.
Are you ready for battle? Here we will create the future.
- As every warrior is required to have a sword and shield you will be required to have a portfolio of online work.
- Create marketing campaigns that elevate RoomMate's products and brand across multiple online channels.
- Understand and respond to customer insights and performance data to guide the direction of your creativity.
- Understand user experience best practices for web and mobile interactions.
- Utilize current and future marketing channels to inform and delight our customers.
- Present and defend visual design solutions to leadership and business associates.
- Increase the team's knowledge of design best practices and trends in web and graphic design.
- Drive efficiency and scale through process improvement and/or automation.
Who you are
- You're entrepreneurial, agile, and full of innovative ideas.
- You regularly push your comfort zone to stretch and improve yourself and the work.
- You're not afraid to challenge the status quo and think big in all aspects of your work.
- You understand how brands develop through different design mediums.
- You are highly collaborative and enjoy working within a diverse team to bring their ideas to life.
- You are passionate about using design to create better experiences for our customers.
- You have a passion for design, advertising/marketing, keeping up, and love to talk about and advocate for smart brands.
- You love creating innovative, elegant, customer-centric designs and the know-how to implement them to create dynamic marketing solutions
- Experience working as a designer in an advertising or creative agency
- An online portfolio demonstrating graphic design, marketing or advertising, and other user-centric design solutions
- Expert proficiency in the Adobe creative suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and tools such as Figma.com
- Superb compositional and typographic skills
- Perfect attention to design detail
- Ability to work within and collaborate with design systems
- Understanding of information architecture, usability, accessibility, UI and UX design
- Experience managing multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to work independently to solve technical and creative problems
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully defend their design decisions in front of leadership
- Knowledge and proficiency with project management tools
- Illustration skills
- Proficiency in AfterEffects, video editing, motion design