Internship - Satellite Ground Systems Incident and Asset Management in Perl
Requisition Number: 8335
Contract Type: Internship/trainee
Location(s): Betzdorf, LU
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
6-month internship, starting as soon as possible.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the Software Solutions Engineering team at SES-TechCom in a fast-paced, global organization within an innovative and unique industry.
Based in Luxembourg, you will contribute to extend and customize the Incident and Asset Management System for our customer’s Emergency Response communication platform (https://emergency.lu/). The Incident and Asset Management System is currently based on OTRS software (https://community.otrs.com/)
Support the development, configuration and verification of a multi-tenant incident and asset management system for a geographically distributed satellite ground station network. Examples of required extensions include:
- Support the migration of our Incident and Asset Management System to Microsoft Azure Cloud and OTRS 6
- Investigate the migration of our Incident and Asset Management System to open-source OTRS 6 Community Edition
- Integrate our Incident and Asset Management System with our Central Authentication (CAS) service and support the evaluation of SES Extranet integration opportunities
- Support the migration and integration of incident and asset management functionality with SES ServiceNow
- Being an advanced Bachelor or Master student in ICT or in a relevant technical area;
- Strong interest in network monitoring systems, customer support interfaces and key performance indicator metrics
- Sound knowledge of IP networks and protocols
- Basic understanding of satellite ground stations
- Working knowledge of Linux and Perl
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills
- Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines;
- Work independently as well as in a team;
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset.
- EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg.