With over 4.000 experts and one of the most profound, broadest portfolios of software and services, Sopra Banking Software is a trusted, long-term partner of over 800 banks in more than 70 countries. Sopra Banking Software has an unequalled ability to address the requirements for banks and financial institutions of any size and scope, allowing them to innovate and expand their services. Sopra Banking Software is a subsidiary of the Sopra Steria Group, a world leader in digital transformation, with more than 40.000 employees. In 2018, Sopra Steria achieved a pro forma turnover of around € 3.5 billion.For more information follow us on Twitter @SopraBanking or visit www.soprabanking.com.
To support our growth and develop our service desk teams in Luxembourg, we are looking for (m/f):
Junior Application Support Engineer – Luxembourg
Support customers in the proper execution of their day-to-day operations by resolving incidents related to software developed by Sopra or their use that may occur in banking production environments
After initial training, you will join one of the support teams (5-10 people) of the Service Desk of Sopra Banking Software Luxembourg to ensure the proper management, within the defined deadlines, of incidents (software malfunction, misuse of the program by the user, technical problem) occurred in the banking systems
The junior support application engineer will be responsible for:
- Regular contact with the customer (IT and functional teams of the bank), the third parties (operators, hosters, ...) and the different teams of Sopra Banking (R & D, developers, technical experts, managers, ...);
- With the help of the team, looking for workarounds (correction of customer data, new operating procedures, etc.) in order to restore a normal situation.
- Executing the validity of the ticket/call with regards to the contractually agreed services;
- Analyze the source of the problem and propose corrections and improvements in the longer term. For this you have access to computer codes, customer banking data and a history of problems already occurred;
- Completing the procedures at disposal to improve the 1st line support;
- Transferring the incidents to the appropriate second line team for further 2nd line support investigation;
- According to your needs and skills, you participate in technical and functional training to improve your knowledge of software and the banking world and to evolve to new functions;
- Thanks to the acquired experience on various client based projects, the junior application support engineer will be able to train and coach new hires in order to evolve to a function including second line support, team management and service management:
The second line support handles Incidents, problems, and service requests;
The second line support provides support services beyond the 1stline support's mission, requiring greater depth of knowledge;
- Bachelor or Master in Sciences or Computer Sciences, Master in Engineering, ... with a maximum of two years of experience;
- Interest in the banking industry;
- Team player;
- Mobile and flexible (willingness to travel abroad when required);
- Open communicator;
- Fluent in English and good knowledge in French;
- Dutch and German are assets.
- A young & dynamic environment;
- Clearly defined growth possibilities;
- Cultural diversity and different backgrounds
- Sopra Banking University foresees trainings available throughout the entire career;
- Attractive financial package including interesting compensation & benefits such as an extended insurance package, a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits (company car, fuel card…).
Within the framework of our PSF certification, please note that an extract of police record will be asked during our process of recruitment