Web Developer (.ts/.js/.php/…) (m/f)
Whether TenTwentyFour is designing and implementing industrial apps for embedded systems or developing a mobile application to drive our client's sales, we consistently focus on these principles: Code quality through teamwork and peer-review, solid foundations through unit- and functional-testing and a powerful code-base through functional programming and proven engineering principles such as Robert C. Martin's SOLID .
Most importantly, we keep challenging ourselves to write better code. We encourage all developers, junior to senior, to study good software design, be it on the job or off, to keep striving for code that is easier to read and a breeze to maintain. A sustainable architecture and clean, strategic programming are what sets TenTwentyFour apart from the crowd and why we're for a web developer (all genders) to join our ranks to be offer this level of service to a growing number of customers.
This position is open to juniors, mediors and seniors alike. We're not looking for a trainee with zero experience, nor are we looking for a jack of all trades. We're looking for a person who wants to grow and improve as a software crafts(wo)man, regardless of their current level or skill-set. At TenTwentyFour, you will be facing multiple responsibilities and given challenging – yet rewarding – tasks at every stage of a project's life-cycle. Supported by your colleagues, you will be implementing user-interfaces, back-end controllers and database structures alike; you will be involved in code quality assurance (peer review) and learn to produce clear, concise, functional and efficient code.
At TenTwentyFour, you will not be restricted to a single project, programming language or methodology. While we do develop and sell our own products – such as paperless.lu – customers like to work with us because we're not just a web-agency churning our websites and websites only. Flexibility, versatility and adaptability are some of TenTwentyFour's signature traits. Whether you're most experienced programming TypeScript, PHP or other programming languages, you'll be first assigned to the stack you're most comfortable with and may either focus on those or gradually widen your horizon to encompass the full variety of stacks that we work in.
TenTwentyFour has made a habit of looking for team members dedicated to their work, even if they don't have a fancy diploma in IT or countless years of experience. We believe that great talents have the ability to learn quickly and take advantage of new technologies, no matter if by formal or informal education. While experience can be acquired, persistence, the desire to learn and the self-confidence not to hesitate but to address problems and ask for help should be some of your strongest personality traits.
TenTwentyFour is not a full-remote company by design. But the times they are a-changing and we're no stranger to operating fully remote. While this position is open to full-remote applicants, applicants who live close enough to drop by the office occasionally to not only share the work-load but also the community experience will be given preference.
- Development of server-side back-ends and APIs (node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, Rust, …) and integration with third-party APIs and libraries.
- Implementation of intuitive user interfaces using the latest web technologies (Vue, Angular, …).
- Development of hybrid mobile applications using Ionic, ReactNative or similar frameworks.
- Continuous integration and deployment of our applications using Jenkins and Capistrano.
- Research and application of clean architecture and good software design.
- Maintenance of, and support for existing platforms and applications.
- Design and execution of unit-, integration and acceptance tests.
- Pair-programming and peer-review of your colleagues' code.
You're a good fit for this job, if you…
- …are motivated to study hard and/or able to learn quickly.
- …if you are not afraid to act autonomously and take initiative.
- …have an incline towards using and contributing to Free/Libre Open Source Software (FLOSS).
- …have already dipped your toe into current TypeScript/EcmaScript frameworks and libraries, or
- …have a solid understanding of web technologies and protocols, as well as client/server architecture.
- …have some experience developing WordPress themes or plug-ins making generous use of hooks and filters.
- …know what Jest, Cypress and Nightwatch stand for in software development as opposed to their use in popular culture.
- …have good written and spoken skills in English. French, German or Luxembourgish are considered an asset but not mandatory.
- …have a strong desire to deliver quality code, functional software and an overall satisfying experience to the customer (aka "customer-orientation").
- …have a degree in a Computer-Science related field or not. We don't actually care, just show us that you're great at what you do!
Active since 2013, TenTwentyFour is an IT company determined to deliver high-quality, user-friendly and thoroughly tested products and services. We strive to bring test-driven software development and *nix-based free/libre software solutions to our customers in and around Luxembourg and to share with them what we consider to be our Information Technology Craftsmanship.
TenTwentyFour has clients in the public and private sectors, ranging from industrial machinery suppliers and agricultural enterprises over ministries and government agencies to investigative and grass-roots journalism outlets. We're one of the very few IT companies in Luxembourg with a solid experience in FLOSS software and a professional level expertise in Unix server administration.
What we offer
Life at TenTwentyFour is not all cakes and ale. We'd be lying by claiming that delivering great products is anything other than a tough job. But we're actively doing our best to make it a fun and friendly place to work at, an opportunity to learn many things and share your knowledge and passion with others.
- A professional development process (Agile methodologies, code review, version control, continuous integration, DevOps approach, container-based development environments, …).
- No dress code and flexible – that doesn't stand as a euphemism for long – working hours.
- Attractive and varied opportunities for personal development and career advancement (On-the-job reading, paid conferences and trainings).
- A flat hierarchy, an equal vote in decision taking and the opportunity to shape the company's future, as well as a lively and creative working environment.
- A fitness-allowance of up to 100 EUR/month, to be freely spent on any physical activities (apparel, registrations, membership fees).
- A free selection of more or less heavily caffeinated hot or cold beverages — and the occasional after-work "refreshment".
- The option to work from home – or wherever you prefer – several days a week.
- Opportunities for creativity and pet-projects.
We'd love to get to know you, your skills and experiences and to learn about any projects in which you have collaborated. Please send your resume, as well as a cover letter detailing why you'd like to work at TenTwentyFour.