The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
Under the direction of the Team Leader of the Accounting Unit within the Finance and Accounting Service, you will be responsible for the following accounting, financial and administrative tasks:
- Verify, posted and prepare the payment of invoices and expense claims received;
- Verify the compliance of documents received with applicable laws, including VAT, accounting operations and regulations, including the University's purchasing and travel policies;
- Processing Intrastat information as soon as intra-community invoices are encoded;
- Issuing invoices and credit notes;
- Processing daily and periodic operations as well as accounting adjustments, adjustments and closing operations in a complete manner;
- Ensure the filing and archiving of the accounting documents processed and participate in the preparation of the documentation file for the external legal and contractual auditors;
- Participate in the process of continuous improvement of the quality of the processing of accounting tasks;
- Participate in the continuous implementation of the SAP ERP system;
- Collaborate with the other units of the SFC to reflect the best accounting and financial situation of the university and to enable the Rectorate to run the university on a complete, reliable and up-to-date basis;
- To be a point of contact for the university staff for the processing of accounting and financial documents;
- Any other tasks delegated by the Team Leader of the accounting unit or the Head of the SFC.
What we expect from you…
- University or technical degree in accounting, or equivalent training;
- Proven experience of at least three years in an equivalent position in a fiduciary or commercial company;
- Good oral and written skills in French and English, Luxembourgish and German would be an asset;
- Proficient knowledge of advanced functions in Excel, Word, Powerpoint;
- Knowledge of SAP modules FI, CO, SD, MM, VIM would be highly appreciated;
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously within deadlines;
- Rigour, precision, ability to work collaboratively in a team;
- Mastery of professional and interpersonal communication in a multicultural environment.
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL05170
How to apply...
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …