The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences (FHSE) brings together expertise from the humanities, linguistics, cognitive sciences, social and educational sciences. People from across 20 disciplines are working within the Faculty. Along with the disciplinary approach a very ambitious interdisciplinary research culture has been developed.
The faculty’s research and teaching focuses on social, economic, political and educational issues with the common goal of contributing to an inclusive, open and resourceful society. The FHSE offers four Bachelor and 15 Master degrees and a doctoral school providing students with the necessary knowledge and high-qualified skills to succeed in their future career.
The job holder will work within the existing team of the Faculty’s Dean’s Office and in close collaboration with the Dean, the Head of Faculty Administration, the HR administrator and the finance team. S(he) assist in the organization of the FHSE academic recruitments (professors) and recruitments of all positions linked to the Dean’s Office, evaluations of professors on CDD contracts and FNR-ATTRACT Fellows. S(he) will also check HR files and teaching units of FHSE staff members.
Academic recruitments and recruitments linked to the Dean’s Office
Assist in the organization of the recruitment process:
- position planning;
- candidate lists;
- organize recruitment commission/panel;
- organize interviews;
- welcome panels and candidates;
- documentation for the Board of Governors, Rectorate and Human Resources;
- preparation for onboarding of employees linked to the Dean’s Office.
- Database maintenance: teaching units, follow up on recruitment requests in our HR Recruitment tool;
- Preparation of statistics and data layout (charts and tables) for analysis;
- Follow up and checking of FHSE staff lists;
Support to specific files linked to FHSE internal staff
- Sabbatical leaves;
- Annual and four-year recruitment plans;
- Preparation of files for individual cases.
- Support to specific files linked to FHSE external staff
- Seconded staff;
- Guest and senior professors.
What we expect from you…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent by work experience;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Very good PC skills, very good level in MS Office applications;
- Excellent command of English and French (oral and spoken). German would be an advantage;
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to plan and work on simultaneous tasks with a sense of priority;
- Good customer service and communication skills;
- Reliable, rigorous, intuitive and proactive;
- Proven ability to work against deadlines;
- Conducting all activities with due regard to confidentiality;
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy while being part of a team;
- Good team player and ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural environment.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Administrative assistant
- Job Reference: UOL05156
How to apply...
Applications in English should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
Here’s what awaits you at the University
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …