The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres ;focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The "Infrastructure projects" division of the Infrastructure Department of the University of Luxembourg aims to ensure the management of university infrastructure projects and their development according to the needs of the University, in compliance with the deadlines and budgetary frameworks defined.
Generally, their mission includes the realization of interior fittings in buildings according to the needs of the users (research laboratories, classrooms, offices, ...), from feasibility to commissioning, through concept design, authorizations, submissions and realization follow-up.
As part of the development of its activities, the University of Luxembourg is looking for an experienced Project Manager to lead and coordinate large-scale projects.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
The main mission of the project manager is to:
- Assume the role of representative of the University for the construction and renovation projects of the buildings and infrastructures
- Organize, direct and supervise the tasks of the technical specialists (furniture, IT, security, logistics, legal, ...) in order to carry out the realization of the projects
- Ensure adequate communication throughout the project (if necessary: production of materials, training and support) while ensuring the maintenance of existing activities
- Carry out the framing of projects with the management team and the parties involved
- Define the approach of the mission, the objectives, the schedule, the budget, the risks, ...
- Analyse the situation, define the needs (drafting of specifications / functional specifications), define priorities and finally choose the solution (with if necessary comparative analysis of scenarios)
- Ensure irreproachable management, monitoring and documentation of all the important aspects (administrative, organizational and budgetary)
- Participate in steering, planning and monitoring meetings
- Consolidate and publish in close collaboration with the various technical specialists all reports relating to the project
- Manage commissioning with the various stakeholders
- Identify areas for improvement for future projects
What we expect from you…
- Proven expertise (minimum 5 years) in construction project management
- PMP or equivalent certification in project management is considered an asset
- Very good engineering knowledge (at least in the fields of high and low voltage, HVAC) and good understanding of the construction
- Excellent writing and oral skills in French; business fluency in English
- Ability to analyse, synthesize, prioritize and structure
- Mastery of the necessary office and computer tools (Excel, Word, MS Project, ...)
- A team player with excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Relational qualities and ability to interact with multiple stakeholders (internal or external), in a trustful way
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proactive and reliable attitude, complemented by the accountability for actions and outcomes
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL05173
How to apply...
- Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …