About the SnT...
The University of Luxembourg seeks to hire a Project Manager at its Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT). SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research and innovations in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. SnT has developed a broad and effective partnership program, currently composed of 65 industrial and institutional partners located in Luxembourg and in Europe. SnT is active in several international research projects funded by the Fonds National de la Recherche (FNR), Horizon 2020 program, the European Space Agency and the European Defense Agency. For further information please see: www.securityandtrust.lu
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
The Project Manager will support the Principal Investigator during the implementation of the National Centre of Excellence in Research in Financial Technologies (“NCER-FT”). The project was awarded 15 million euros over 8 years by the Fonds National de la Recherche (FNR). The NCER-FT aims to establish a Centre of Excellence in Research in Financial Technologies to strengthen Luxembourg’s position as an innovative financial hub by attracting talents, and provide world class research and education. The Project Manager shall guarantee efficient project governance and mobilise resources to execute the project. He/she will define and execute the roadmap to deliver and monitor project objectives.
- Support the Principal Investigator in the day-to-day management of the project with a high degree of autonomy
- Act as interface in all internal and external stakeholder’s relationship management activities by contributing to the development and maintenance of the project network
- Follow up on the project plan that includes resourcing, planning, risk mitigation, quality control and organisational requirements
- Organise the biennial Call for projects and monitor the implementation of the individual projects according to business objectives
- Draw up periodic and ad hoc reports for decision making committees and/or Principal Investigator
- Organise regular projects meetings at all levels of the governance structure
- Follow-up on project deliverables and progress on milestones including critical path and risk management
- Provide key performance indicators (budget, publication, etc.)
- Contribute to communication regarding the project and its milestones in liaison with the communication Team
- Ensure that the consortium is informed and encourages the connection between the stakeholders
- Liaise and take care of supplier management according to identified project needs
- Prepare and contribute to project reporting and closing activities such as compiling and providing reports, ensuring feedback to external and internal stakeholders
- Contribute to improvement of templates, reports, project organisation and project management systems
- Hybrid profile : Doctoral/Engineering degree and proven work experience in project/programme management; experience in the financial sector and knowledge of the FinTech domain would be an asset
- Project/programme management certifications such as PMP, Prince2, Six Sigma, Scrum, etc.
- Proven record of successfully managing and completing all aspects of large, complex and organisational-wide projects including implementation and change management
- Analytical and conceptual skills with proven ability to adapt to new situations and develop creative solutions in complex, multicultural and multi-stakeholder environments
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to negotiate, consult, influence and build consensus at a number of levels
- Fluent in English (oral and written). Knowledge of French, German and/or Luxembourgish would be appreciated
Here’s what awaits you at SnT...
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 45 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
Find out more about us!
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL05169
How to apply...
Applications should include:
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by Email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
About the University of Luxembourg...
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.