About the SnT...
SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
Successful candidates will join a young, strong, and motivated FINATRAX Research Group of the SnT. We are an interdisciplinary research group with backgrounds in many fields, including information systems, engineering, economics, computer science, psychology, and political science. Currently, we work on multiple projects in the energy sector, involving research on industrial flexibility, smart electric vehicle charging, and electricity market forecasting (more info at https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/finatrax/projects).
Successful candidates will perform the following tasks:
- Carry out applied research on
- The perception, acceptance, and adoption of innovative digital technologies to tackle climate change.
- Monetary incentives and nudges.
- (Energy) consumption behavior, behavioral change, and motivational aspects.
- Data privacy concerns.
- Electric mobility, smart charging, energy transition, and associated challenges.
- Provide guidance to PhD students.
- Disseminate results through scientific publications.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in grant and industry funded projects.
We offer two different career paths for scientific staff, depending on their focus on an academic or industry career. In our academic track, associates focus on publications, research grants, teaching experience, and community engagement, while maintaining a positive relationship with industry to get access to first-hand research data. In our industry track, associates prepare themselves for a career in industry or in a start-up while utilizing their previous theoretical knowledge. They will build relationships with our industry partners while having freedom to pursue their own ideas in an innovative and dynamic environment.
- PhD degree in Information Systems, (Behavioral) Economics, (Environmental) Psychology, Social Sciences, or related field
- Experience in publishing high-quality research, as demonstrated by research in review or published at 1st quartile journals (according to Scopus)
- Experience in research supervision
- Excellent knowledge in research methods (e.g. survey design) and statistical analysis
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team within an international environment
Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of French, German, and Luxembourgish are not required.
Here’s what awaits you at SnT...
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 45 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month (extension possible)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL04684
- The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 77.167,08 (full time)
How to apply...
Applications, written in English should be submitted through the University’s job portal and should include:
A cover letter including:
- A research statement and a list of topics of particular interest to the candidate (250 words)
- A statement on the candidate’s personal motivation for applying (250 words)
- A strategy for the acquisition of research grants and industry partnerships (250 words)
- Full CV, including the contact address, work experience and a list of publications
- At least one publication in full-text, authored by the candidate
- (If available) Reference letters by prior employers
We highly value diversity and individual contribution in our team. All qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival. Only applications submitted through the University’s job portal will be processed. Applications by email will not be considered.
About the University of Luxembourg...
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
For further information, please contact Mohammad Ansarin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gilbert Fridgen (email@example.com). Use the job reference number mentioned above in the subject line of your email.