The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences and Medicine. Through its dual mission of teaching and research, the FSTM seeks to generate and disseminate knowledge and train new generations of responsible citizens, in order to better understand, explain and advance society and environment we live in.
The University of Luxembourg is inviting applications for a Research Facilitator to assist the Dean of the Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) with the coordination, management and development of the research activities.
For more information about the FSTM, please visit http://wwwen.uni.lu/fstm
- To assist the Dean and the Directors of the Research Units with research coordination and management
- To help the Faculty’s researchers find, apply for, receive, and manage research funding (e.g. EU and FNR), including support for financial project reporting and contributing to solve IPR issues
- To support the Faculty’s research activities and dissemination in academia and society
- To participate at meetings, info days, and other events
- To ensure internal communication and cooperation within the Faculty and the University administration regarding all research related questions
What we expect from you…
- University degree in STEM – Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, candidates with an engineering or physics/chemistry degree will be given preference
- Experience (3-5 years) in research proposals writing and project management (e.g. H2020, INTERREG), project monitoring, fundraising, budget management, editing of activity reports
- Experience in the use of common computer software and collaborative on-line platforms
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of English and French / German. Preference will be given to candidates fluent in all languages
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: UOL04931
How to apply...
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …