About the SnT...
SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
We offer an attractive Research Support Technician in close cooperation with our industrial partner LMO, an innovative company that adopts an open-minded approach to the world thanks to its constantly evolving activities to provide the right innovation to make satellites (www.lmo.space). The successful candidate will join the Computer Vision, Machine Intelligence and Imaging (CVI²) research group (www.cvi2.uni.lu) headed by Prof. Djamila Aouada to work on the framework of a European Space Agency project in the field of Computer Vision applied for space applications.
We're looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place!
The position holder will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Assisting in the development of all the research activities in a predefined topic and producing results
- Providing support in setting-up and running experiments
- Proposing and implementing real-time solutions
- Participating in organizing relevant workshops and demonstrations
- Assist on the laboratory setup preparation and experiment configuration
- A bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Extensive experience working in different industrial domains
- Experience working with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers, and engineers
- Experience managing data and AI programs for schools
- Strong background in image/signal processing and in particular
- Performed analysis on large sets of data to extract impactful insights
- Strong programming skills in Python/C/C++
- Familiarity with machine learning and deep learning concepts
- Experience with at least one of the following deep learning frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.
- Strong background in Mathematics
- A particular interest in simulator engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
Here's what awaits you at SnT...
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT's two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 45 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
Find out more about us!
How to apply...
Applications in English should include:
- A full Curriculum Vitae
- List of three referees, including details (name, email address, etc.)
- Publication list, if any
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken
- Preferably, a Github/Gitlab webpage listing completed projects in Computer Vision
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by Email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.