Category Manager Customer Operations (m/f)
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. At Vodafone Group, we partner with our local markets to drive consistency and earn customer loyalty across 20 countries for over 600 million customers. We are restless and passionate about creating a better future for all. We are always open to new things, and curious to create solutions that our customers will love. We are constantly learning to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards and to deliver on our strategy. Our ambition is to improve 1 billion lives and half our environmental impact by 2025. It’s up to each of us to make this happen. Ready?
The Vodafone Procurement Company (VPC) in Luxembourg is part of Vodafone Group and drive our aspiration to connect for a better future. We purchase products and services from across the globe to help run our business at its very best. We support our people to deliver on our strategy and be a brand loved by our customers, communities, co-partners and colleagues. We give and take ownership to make the most of our many talents and we are always learning to grow ourselves and our business. We get it done, together. Aspiring to be a brand our customers love, we think big, take risks and are always curious to learn. Are you?
As a Category Manager Customer Operations with the Vodafone Procurement Company (VPC) you will develop and implement the Strategy for the global procurement of the Customer Operations area. An exciting and fast-growing area for One SCM and the VPC. In this role you are directly responsible for driving execution against a number of keyprojects within the global Customer Operations category, where Vodafone’s annual expenditure is expected to exceed € 1 B on a global basis.
- Lead and support sourcing activities, projects and launch e-auction/RFPs / RFIs/ RFQs and drive significant cost savings for the Customer Care and Telesales Operations
- Ensure the effective use of OneSCM’s supplier capability & performance measurement toolsin driving improvement against agreed performance / cost improvement targets and facilitate best practice exchanges between the Operating Companies
- Work in close cooperation with the Local Operating Companies of Vodafone Group regarding updates of spend, savings and reporting
- Develop commercial models for supplier/agency remuneration, create insight on supplier landscape and drive optimizations
- Pro-actively engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Create efficiencies in the end-to-end supply chain driving a faster time to market
- Implement plans and KPIs based upon an accurate assessment of the operational environment, available resources and identified project dependencies
- Develop negotiation strategies in accordance with the agreed procurement models
- Work in an Agile way being part of cross-category and cross-company projects
You must have…
- University degree (Master’s/MBA preferred)
- Solid experience of category management in an international environment
- Experience in leading negotiations preferably Contact Centre Services contracts and commercial models
- The ability to influence internal customers to standardise and adapt Category Strategies and global suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to draw insights from a large volume of diverse data
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills, fluency in English and German or Italian is a must
- The ability to drive transformational change across the business
It would be nice if you have…
- The ability to build internal & external stakeholder relationships and provide specialist advice on how to improve their business model
- The insight to simplify business processes and inspire others whilst doing this
- Be a really strong team player
- Be results focused and thrive in a changing management
- Experience in optimising supplier performance
- Appreciates challenges and working in an international team
What’s in it for you?
- Gain real experience in category management, global sourcing, contract and negotiation fields
- Opportunity to learn from a diverse, energetic and professional team
- Progression planning, future opportunities and development
- 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus 11 public holidays
- Flexible working
- State pension matching scheme of up to 8%
- 5 paid days leave for charity projects
- Access to Vodafone University and LinkedIn Learning
- Voluntary AXA Health Insurance
- Voluntary AXA Pension Scheme
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment, which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too.