Zurich is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk. With about 53,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries, we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. We help individuals, small and medium sized companies and global corporations around the world understand and protect themselves from risk by offering a wide range of insurance products, solutions and advisory services.
Senior Legal Counsel (m/f/d)
- Provide legal and regulatory advice, notably related to products, business development projects and distribution. In particular, provide advice regarding Zurich’s products in Germany and support the business to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory developments in all markets originating both on international (notably EU) level and locally within Zurich’s target markets.
- Advise on all data protection matters, with the possibility to be appointed Data Protection Officer.
- Draft, review and manage agreements, T&Cs, corporate and other legal documents.
- Support the General Counsel in all other Legal and Corporate matters.
Your skills and experience
- Qualified lawyer within the European Union with at least 7 years of relevant experience in an international law firm or as in-house legal counsel within the financial services industry. Experience with insurance regulation and group life insurance products would be an asset.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the area of data protection, notably the GDPR. Experience as Data Protection Officer would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the Luxembourg insurance regulatory environment would be an asset.
- Fluent in English and German, professional proficiency in French.
- Excellent analytical, drafting and communication skills.
- Self-confident, perseverant and resilient under pressure.
- Flexible, able to multi-task and strong organizational skills.
- Attentive to detail, capable of prioritising tasks and exercising sound judgment and creativity in finding solutions.
- Team oriented, systematic and goal-orientated operating
- Full-time position in our friendly and motivated team in Luxembourg
- International working environment
- Compensation packages to high standard market rates
- A high standard Group health insurance & Pension plan
- Flexible working policy to support your work life balance
- Career path and opportunities within Zurich Group
- Executive Managers whose doors are always open
- A work model based on transparency and recognition
- Training & Development for upskilling your future experience