Credit Risk Analyst (Credit Risk Management / Team Corporate) (M/F)
Publiée le 24/03/2023
Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL)
Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
Within the Credit Risk department, you will analyze credit requests for Corporate and Institutional customers and conduct their annual reviews. This activity will be performed within the framework of the Bank policies / procedures and the respect of the regulatory environment.
“3 lines of defense” model: Within Risk Management department, you will be part of the second line of defense (alongside Compliance department) which provides rules, policies and guidelines for the first line of defense, i.e. the teams directly working with our clients. The third line of defense, through our internal audit team, makes sure that the first two lines are in line with legal requirements of our supervisors and the risk appetite of the Bank.
Key objectives of the job
- You identify the risks related to the counterparties and transactions presented and formalize an opinion, aiming at facilitating the decision-making of the competent credit authorities.
- You are familiar with financial statements and have a good knowledge in economics/finance in order to carry out internal credit ratings.
- You analyze P&L, balance sheets, current & future cash flows, business plans and are able to challenge the company management or front office assumptions.
- You work closely with the Front Officers and support them for the structuring of their credit files.
- You prepare the credit files and can attend credit committees in order to support your risk opinion.
- You ensure the strict application of the credit risk procedures and guidelines.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- You have a master’s degree in Corporate Finance or Management.
- You have a first relevant professional experience in credit analysis.
- You have a good knowledge of banking products for Corporate or Institutional counterparties.
- You are fluent in French and English. Knowledge of German is considered as an asset.
- You have a good command of usual working tools (Outlook, Word, Excel); knowledge of the following tool being an asset: T24.
- You are rigorous and are able to synthesize information with very good writing skills.
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.