Financial Information System Manager (M/F)
Publiée le 19/03/2023
Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL)
Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
1. In a context of:
- Major IT transformation (CBS change, MIS reconstruction, financial / commercial data exploitation review)
- Increasing pressures on bank’s profitability and regulatory requirements (faster, more granular, more frequent requirements)
- Closer integration with Risk, ALM, Accounting, ESG data and increased collaboration with BIL subsidiaries
The main objective of the job is to ensure that the Management Accounting & Forecasting system including Data architecture (MIS, Datamart CDG) is able to support the increasing demands on forecasting and deeper analysis from our stakeholders (Executives, Shareholder and Regulator) and by that being a key element in the Financial and Strategic steering of the bank.
The above objective has two components: the daily operations and system development/ improvement, with a stronger weight on the second component.
2. In respect with daily operations, the main job objective is to ensure system availability, supervise data operational tasks to be made by team, solve issues when it happens (very often in critical moment), foster continuous improvement and efficiency through automation and communicate/ support other team members
3. In respect with system development, the key objective is to modernise our systems and database to be able to cope with the requirements of more data granularity, quicker and more frequents delivery. This is only possible through technological evolution and better integration with other database and systems in the bank. Following CBS change, MIS reconstruction, all exploitation tools and methodologies need to be assessed, stress tested and upgraded for further update / utilization. The Financial Information System should evolve in compliance with BIL Group IT architecture and BIL Group data governance.
4. As member of the Controlling & Financial Planning management team, one of the main objective of the job is to contribute to the overall evolution and success of the team by being “force of proposition”, providing constructive feedback and interactions with other members, sharing his strong data and system knowledge with other team members
DELIVRABLES AND KEY ACTIVITIES
- Be the architect (Conceptualize and design) of the modernisation of our Management Accounting & Forecasting system including Data architecture (MIS, Datamart CDG)
- Supervise and lead the team in charge of the above developments and implementation
- Provide solutions to daily issues (reframing issues, quick fix) and to modelisation problems
- Collaborate with and leverage our key partners in the bank (IT, Data Center, Accounting, …) to reach our target
- Supervise human resources dedicated to management accounting and financial planning systems and data infrastructure (MIS, Datamart CDG) in the day-to-day delivery and in the development
- Contribute and be an actor of the team management
Domain of expertise
- Finance mathematics/ Data Management/ IT / Modelisation
- Finance/ Engineer with a Finance orientation
- BAC +5
- French, English
- Strong understanding of banking activities from a business and accounting point of view
- ESSBASE, ETL Software (SA, DataIku), Reporting Software (Qlksens, Microstrat, Power BI). Knowlegde of SQL and Python, T24
More required knowledge
- Strong analytical mind and modelling capacities
- Rigor, structure, organization
- Documentation of solutions
- Practical knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, interest margin, FTP, cost allocation concepts
- Minimum +8 years
- Strong communication skills and capacities to liaise and leverage with IT and Data teams, as well as with peers from the Management team (Heads of Business Analysis, and Financial Results)
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.