Internship - Performance Analyst (M/F)
Publiée le 01/12/2023
Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL)
- Luxembourg, Luxembourg (Canton)
Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg's finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
Your next challenge:
The candidate will work on processes within the Financial Control Team
- Support team members in documenting, describing and writing down the entire process related to the PnL construction.
- Take ownership of the topics assigned and develop a complete and reliable documentation of BIL's process for PnL within the Financial Control Team
- Formulate findings in presentations and share them in meetings with the Manager.
The candidate will receive daily training and coaching
- Work will depend on the specific project that the candidate will be assigned to and can include (but is not limited to):
- Structure problems to understand the key underlying drivers
- Understand and design a diagram describing the monthly closing process for each part of the PnL
- Encourage dialogue with each member of the team to have a good understanding of the tasks performed.
- Sequence time and organize oneself to achieve targets defined within the internship framework
- Move forward with efficiency throughout the internship mission and share about progress and constraints.
Write a helicopter-overview as well as a very detailed procedure guide for each part of the PnL result by documenting each step in a chronological and ultra-fine manner so that anyone can carry out the process simply and accurately until its completion.
- Master in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Business Administration
- French (fluent), English (recommended),
- General knowledge of banking activities
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, strong appetite for figures and their interpretation
- Rigor, consistency and attention to details
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Capable of interacting with all levels of the organization
- Team player, willingness to learn
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). VBA skills are considered as an asset
- Ready to go the extra mile
- Previous experience in consulting or banking highly appreciated
- Available as from January 2024, March 2024 the latest
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths .We will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the Bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.