Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
BIL provides relevant and innovative financial services to our clients. We are focused on Luxembourg and selected international markets, and on a long–term value creation by empowered individuals and teams.
We’re currently in the process of migrating from our Core Banking system (Mainframe) to a more modern solution (T24). Our Dev and functional teams mainly work on integrating our fronts and functional flows with this new Core Banking using micro-services and events. We’re putting heavy accent on DevOps practices.
In the context of activities in our IT department, we are actively looking for an IT Application Software Engineer (Strong Focus on Securities Area).
Integrated in our Digital IT department, you will be part of the BIL's Transformation Plan. It focus on innovative financial platform bringing relevant digital banking features to clients and employees in order to take the bank’s capabilities to the next level.
We are looking for an Application Software Engineer to integrate development teams and promote excellence in software development by understanding the functional flows and encourage the adoption of technical architecture standards. The functional flows will be around the securities area (creation of securities, communication between BIL and the market to invest, …)
Your mission :
Together with your team, you will be responsible for :
- Analysis of the expressed needs and requested features.
- Solutions design in line with the information system.
- Document and validate the solutions with actors of the project.
- Ensure developments with the rest of the team in compliance with our standards.
- Communicate team project progress with the project manager and the clients.
- Share and promote knowledge inside the bank through our Dev Community.
- Min. 3+ years in IT development area
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and French. You are able to participate actively in English and French meetings.
IT skills :
- Mastering java 11+ Spring boot backend applications or ReactJS (React-native), Oracle SQL, Angular is needed. Flex (for front end) will be an asset
- Knowledge in DevOps will be an advantage.
- Culture in information technologies and architecture.
- Knowledge of Software Patterns and Anti Patterns.
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture (events, micro-services, operability)
- A general knowledge of the banking industry will be an advantage.
- Experience in T24 integration is an asset.
Personal skills :
- Development is your passion.
- Understanding the functional flows by using your technical skills
- Sharing your knowledge with your peers interests you.
- Being challenged on your opinions does not frighten you.
- Being pragmatic is your biggest fault.
- Your obsession is the shortest feedback loop possible - at all scales.
- You are passionate at heart and always seek to improve yourself and share your knowledge.
- You master one or more programming languages.
- You are a code veteran who masters one or more programming languages.
- You like to communicate and are not afraid to speak your mind.
- You are keen to take initiative.
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.