(Senior) Wealth Planner - German Market (M/F)
Publiée le 19/03/2023
Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL)
Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg’s finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
You are in charge to provide legal and/or tax expertise to colleagues and clients/prospects. The objective is to create leverage for the commercial activity and to highlight the image of BIL Wealth Management as a recognized expert. You will be responsible of the expertise given on Germany. The position is based in Luxembourg, and you will report to the Head of Wealth Planning.
What will you do ?
- You provide legal and tax expertise on the various wealth structuring techniques to support the clients/prospects and colleagues
- You have in-depth knowledge of German civil law and tax law (particularly in matters of direct tax (revenues/capital gains), indirect tax (registration/inheritance tax) and cross border issues)
- Based on complex (legal) texts, you are able to give clear information, whilst taking into account the rules of compliance and statutory provisions (public policy rules, anti-fraud and anti-money laundering legislation, etc.)
Ethics and procedures:
BIL Group is deeply committed to the preservation of its integrity and reputation, not only for itself but also in relation to its clients, relevant authorities, and other actors in the financial markets.
In this respect :
- As a member of the First Line of Defense of BIL, you will be liable for respecting the rules of compliance and statutory provisions (public policy rules, anti-fraud and anti-money laundering legislation, etc.) and supporting your colleagues on specific questions regarding your area of expertise
- You participate in working groups or in committees as an expert, both for Wealth Management and for the bank
Information and trainings:
- You assess and monitor changes in legal and tax news in wealth management matters
- You draw up technical records, templates, brochures and reference documents and you keep them up-to-date
- You give presentations and deliver training for your colleagues
- You take the initiative in order to share best practice and knowledge (information sessions, workshops, internal consultation meetings, etc.)
- a Master's in Law with in-depth knowledge of civil law and indirect taxation
- an additional knowledge in international law is also recommended
- at least 3 to 5 years' relevant work experience in Luxembourg gained through working within an audit/tax advisory firm, a law firm or financial Institution
- German as a native language, English is mandatory (any other language would be seen as an advantage)
- technical skills and the ability to build strong and lasting relationships with your clients and colleagues to contribute to make you well-known as an expert
- committed and eager to share your knowledge with a multicultural team
- client-focused, keen to share your expertise in order to make commercial opportunities possible
- assertive and adapt to the situation and you have the capacity to present complex issues in a simple way
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths - we will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.